General > Community Events

Expositie: Playmobil 40 Jaar speelplezier / Playmobil 40 Years of fun play

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tiermann:
The ship is the Santinisma Trinidad. Leo Vermeulen posted photos of it on Facebook in the Playmobil Fanbase group. I assume it is by him

hauden_lukas:

--- Quote from: Tiermann on April 05, 2015, 23:36:36 ---The ship is the Santinisma Trinidad. Leo Vermeulen posted photos of it on Facebook in the Playmobil Fanbase group. I assume it is by him

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Tim!

The entire ship looks a bit awkward in shape... I prefer the zoomed in pictures. However, a nice piece of work!

sunflower:
Thanks for sharing. This same museum had the Playmobil exposition in 2007. I really liked the museum. Brings back a lot of memories seeing all this stuff someone you know used to have!
Looking forward to visiting this one too.

You took nice pictures!

Hadoque:

--- Quote from: hauden_lukas on April 06, 2015, 02:47:38 ---Thanks, Tim!

The entire ship looks a bit awkward in shape... I prefer the zoomed in pictures. However, a nice piece of work!

--- End quote ---

The ship is indeed the Spanish late 18th-century (launched in 1769, last action during the "Battle of Trafalgar in 1805) first-of-the-line "Santisima Trinidad" made by Dutch playmo-customizer "Playmoleo", who also built the "Redoutable".
His Playmo-version of the biggest warship of that era will be at display at the museum till 3 January. If things go as planned/agreed sofar, thereafter she will be transferred to another "homeport" ;D.

Here a few pics of the ship under construction, which I took when visiting Leo during the summer of 2015.

Hadoque:
Leo also built on request of the museum´s director a beautiful playmobil-replica of the (much smaller sized) Dutch 16th-century reconaissance-vessel "Halve Maen", which took part in the "Slag om de Zuiderzee" (Battle of the South-sea) in 1573, in which the Dutch defeated the Spanish fleet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version