Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I concur. The Wizard of Oz and his Yellow Brick Road were forever on TV when I was wee tiny, in the Netherlands back in the 1970s. I see here a lot of potential to lure adult collectors to part with their money. Brilliant idea: thank you, Klicky_Ghost! (I'm terrible at saying Hello politely - welcome to the forum! I'm thrilled that you have joined!)
News / Re: Collectobil- has it gone?
« Last post by StJohn on Today at 01:48:54 »
The one big positive result from that meeting and the club set up that still is going is the online spare parts ordering in Europe.

Wow, that is a BIG gain from that meeting. I have been enjoying the service a lot, before 2015 when I was still in the UK, and now in DE. Many thanks for the achievement, guys!

:-[ I'm sorry to pry, but I'm clearly missing something, probably because I wasn't around prior to 2012 – please illuminate me. I know "Richard" is a senior member of this forum, but what is the back story? His posts don't tell. Is he the guy flying the helicopter that collectobart has mentioned? Was he big in the PM community? (perhaps Richard himself can tell)
Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: The Wizard of Oz - Perfect for Playmobil?
« Last post by GrahamB on May 17, 2021, 07:15:52 »
I cannot speak with much authority about the rest of Europe, but I would say The Wizard of Oz is pretty much a classic in the UK. The film was released here in 1939 (see here), the same year as its US release, during the dark austerity of WW2, when most films were monochrome. People of my parents' generation knew the film well and it seems well known to this day, with frequent showings on TV. There is even a Ladybird Book (Google it!) of the story, in a series known as 'Well Loved Tales.' It is not uncommon for amateur groups, schools etc. to put on one of the many stage musical versions.

So I would say it is pretty much regarded as a 'classic' in the UK.

Sorry about retraumatizing you with mention of Return to Oz, K_G!
« Last post by collectobart on May 17, 2021, 06:14:38 »
Richard wasnt at the PCC set up meeting.

Well, then he had an earlier meeting in that PCC process, to convince HOB. Anyway it's a long time ago, i just know a colleague called me that day to tell Richard was in the house.
« Last post by Hadoque on May 17, 2021, 02:39:03 »
I don't think anyone who was at the meeting is still with the company.

10 years later and everyone who was there is gone, that tells a lot about the direction they´re taking...

The one big positive result from that meeting and the club set up that still is going is the online spare parts ordering in Europe.

Yes, the online spare parts ordering is great. I guess the addition of exclusive sets (like the Greek Gods, Goethe, Bach, Mozart, Schiller, etc.) to the webshops (of some countries) is also a positive remainder of the PCC?

Report & Review / Re: Ye Gods! An Olympian Appreciation
« Last post by Hadoque on May 17, 2021, 02:27:25 »
Nothing divine and rather off-topic, but without your picture I might have forgotten where the inspiration for 18th-century men´s wigs came from.
« Last post by Tiermann on May 17, 2021, 02:26:13 »
Richard wasnt at the PCC set up meeting. That was Macgayver, Socrates, Rosebud, Gis and me. We had a big meeting with people from a nu mher of departments, and of course met HOB. I don't think anyone who was at the meeting is still with the company. The one big positive result from that meeting and the club set up that still is going is the online spare parts ordering in Europe.
Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: F?gures Ideas
« Last post by Hadoque on May 16, 2021, 23:28:02 »
Nice to read they´re appreciated.  :)

Do you sell any of your custom figures?

Not as of yet. Usually the customs I make are for my own purposes and so I don´t make (much) multiples, army-building aside.
Also, I live in the country with the EU´s capital, where shipping-rates to send even some dust abroad are rather high.
Report & Review / Re: Ye Gods! An Olympian Appreciation
« Last post by Macruran on May 16, 2021, 23:17:38 »
One fun aspect of the theme is that it is in fact TWO themes. All you have to do is rename the gods and they function perfectly well as ROMAN gods. Zeus is Jupiter, Hera is Juno, etc. Two themes for the price of one!  :roman:
Customs Gallery / Re: Big in Japan
« Last post by Hadoque on May 16, 2021, 23:06:12 »
Interesting. And it DOES provide a use for those parts :)

x2

Original idea, nice customs!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10