Author Topic: Indians 4012  (Read 10071 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
Re: Indians 4012
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 09:50:24 »
technically in real life you would not see a TeePee next to a Totem Pole, as TeePees were used by Great Plains Indians, and Totem Poles were only part of NorthWest Coastal Indians (who lived in longhouses, not Teepees).  Plains Indians tended to be nomadic, ergo the easily portable TeePee dwelling which could be taken down and set up wherever they go.  NorthWest Indians were more stationary, ergo their permanent-structure longhouse dwellings, and their permanently-fixed totem poles carved from local cedar.  Logistically it also makes no sense to have a portable teepee next to a fixed totem pole (unless we're to believe the totem pole was hauled around each time they moved!)

In the realm of "cowboys and indians" the totem pole, while a nice accessory, is out of place on this set.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:05:21 by BlackPearl2006 »
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 10:29:28 »
The clickies with that thingie around thier waist don't sit on the horse very well unless you move that thing a little higher  :P
I tought maybe that was what you wanted to see  :P :P :P

This was indeed what i wanted to see and besides I alway love to watch a playmo indian on his horse!
Thanks in advance  :wave:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 11:41:41 »
sorry if I wasnt too clear bb :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
and tonguello (I figure if you also interpret what I said in the same way, it can only mean that I have erred ;D)

....you see....I'm talking about the outer frame that holds the poles together before you break them off (bb, youre not gonna say "why on earth would tonguello break his PM?")
its either we have a semantic problem here of I'm senile :lol:

but if the poles come without their FRAMES, of course you cant try out klicky hands on them (the poles themselves are too thick for klicky hands) and the frames are necessary form injection moulding ;)

tonguello...is it convenient for you to take a photo of the poles with their frame?

:lol: I understand cheng you're not senile!  :lol:

There is just poles and baseplate.... NO FRAME, so I don't have to break anything  ;). I'll take a pic soon so you can see.  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 13:38:37 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, cheng, I see. You are talking about a sprue then. (great word I learned here, makes you sound smart :P) The actual teepee poles form a frame for the tent skin to go over, so when you said frame it seemed you referred to the poles themselves. Sorry! :P
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 13:59:49 »
technically in real life you would not see a TeePee next to a Totem Pole, as TeePees were used by Great Plains Indians, and Totem Poles were only part of NorthWest Coastal Indians (who lived in longhouses, not Teepees).  Plains Indians tended to be nomadic, ergo the easily portable TeePee dwelling which could be taken down and set up wherever they go.  NorthWest Indians were more stationary, ergo their permanent-structure longhouse dwellings, and their permanently-fixed totem poles carved from local cedar.  Logistically it also makes no sense to have a portable teepee next to a fixed totem pole (unless we're to believe the totem pole was hauled around each time they moved!)

In the realm of "cowboys and indians" the totem pole, while a nice accessory, is out of place on this set.
I agree. It is strange to have the cultures mixed, but with some mixing and customising, maybe some different Native cultures could be made out of the existing parts!
~Pynedor~

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 14:48:54 »
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, cheng, I see. You are talking about a sprue then. (great word I learned here, makes you sound smart :P) The actual teepee poles form a frame for the tent skin to go over, so when you said frame it seemed you referred to the poles themselves. Sorry! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: then Im the senile one! Just now bb said sprue I got what you meant  :lol:

Anyway... no sprue. The poles came lose. :P
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 17:30:56 »
It looks like a nice set, sadly there arent much accesoires aside from weaponry though. Some pots, hides and maybe a drum would have been nice.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 18:10:30 »
Here are the promised pics of the clicky on the horse

And here the clickies of the other set I got. I love that cowboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love:

Details of the teepee next...

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 18:20:54 »
Baseplate

Detail of hook and hole

Poles as they come. There are 2 with 4 pegs in the front and 5 with 1 peg near the base.

Pole hooked to base

The tent has holes for the pegs. They fit perfectly though it is not easy to put together the first time.

Detail of the ring-ish thing that holds the front together.

And cover it with a shield  ;D

Again...the whole thing together.

And that's all folks!  :wave:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 18:24:52 »
Nice! Thanks for the additional pictures.
~Pynedor~