Author Topic: Hello from Savoy, Illinois!  (Read 1268 times)

Offline austinf4564

• Playmo Pal
Hello from Savoy, Illinois!
« on: April 18, 2019, 19:01:08 »
Hi fellow Playmofriends!

I am new here and am located in Savoy, Illinois in the USA. I have loved Playmobil for close to 20 years now. My childhood best friend had many sets in her bedroom growing up, and we spent many years playing with them all. Our favorite was the classic 5300 Victorian Mansion. I never had any Playmobil as a child, but I recently rediscovered my love for Playmobil and have started my own collection now as an adult. The first set I purchased was of course the 5300 Victorian Mansion, as that was the set I always dreamed of having.

I'm excited to join all of you and share my collection and see others, and learn about all things Playmobil from everyone here!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hello from Savoy, Illinois!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 20:31:56 »
Welcome from Portugal :)

Looking forward to pics of your collection!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 20:59:03 »
Welcome! I live in Antwerp and I love the Victorian theme too.  :easterhop:

I look forward to pics of your collection  :)

Enjoy the forum!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 21:07:50 »
A warm welcome from the UK.  :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 15:48:00 »
Welcome from Stroud, UK. Nostalgia is a big motivator for adult collectors. It's great to be able to get hold of the things you dreamed of owning as a child! Someone on here pointed out not long ago that it costs almost the same to buy a 5300 mansion today (in good used condition) as it cost to buy one new, back when they were in the catalogue!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline austinf4564

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 01:28:18 »
Thank you all for the nice messages! I feel very welcomed by everyone.