Author Topic: Putting on a Playmobil Exhibition  (Read 3772 times)

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Putting on a Playmobil Exhibition
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 16:35:17 »
I have finished a draft report explaining how I put together the Playmobil Exhibition at the Scout Hall, Knaresborough in February 2011.  I welcome any comments.  (I had to cut out some photos to keep the size of the document down.  Photos from the exhibition can be found on flickr.com -http://www.flickr.com/groups/1601887@N24/)

Thanks again to Elaine, Gordon, Damo, Walter and Garry for their help.

Mark
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:29:32 by playmofirth »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 16:39:54 »
I've just downloaded your report, Mark, and thank you for producing it.  I'm afraid I still haven't  uploaded the photos!    :-[ :-[ :-[
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 17:48:52 »
This is great Mark, and extemely helpful to anyone organising an event.
I don't think I have anything to add other than stress the point of allowing enough time to set up.  Perhaps it was because I had other commitments during the week prior to our exhibition and also because I had a number of displays to do, but I ran out of time to put in all the details I would have liked to do.
Another thing is that where possible delegate responsibilities and make sure that someone is on hand to organise refreshments, lunches for exhibitors, taking money on the door etc. as I found I was too busy talking to visitors to have to worry about such things.

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 18:31:36 »
Another thing is that where possible delegate responsibilities and make sure that someone is on hand to organise refreshments, lunches for exhibitors, taking money on the door etc. as I found I was too busy talking to visitors to have to worry about such things.

Elaine

This is a good point Elaine and I think I'll add a section on this.  I relied on a few other parents to man the snack bar and the front desk duties.  This was essential to the relatively smooth running of the event and needs to be included.

Now I think of it, it would be good to mention the quiz/observation test, the colouring competition and the items left out for younger kids to play with.  I'll make the amendments and repost the document.

Mark
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:31:40 by playmofirth »

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 19:15:05 »
Here is a second draft of the report taking into account Elaine's comments.

Mark

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 01:24:55 »
Mark,

Your report is most helpful! Thanks for including so many details. It is a shame that we don't have a lot of small venues used for community service in US towns, so finding a place that is not too expensive is a real bear.

And it sounds as if you did a grand job of publicizing the event without spending much money. The school newsletter articles were a bright move, and hit your target market on the head.

It is great that your Playmofriends answered your call for help and were able to cover themes you don't collect. Good luck with your next exhibition, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!