Author Topic: why steck won't be succesfull if they will be realesed again??  (Read 7254 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
why the steck won't be succesfull ? and why playmobil want to use in the new sets systemx or some new type,  exept of steck  ??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
Re: why steck won't be succesfull if they will be realesed again??
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 04:10:49 »
That's a good question.  Although I am relatively new to Playmobil, I have a few sets that use Steck.  The old Steck sets were great!
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:01:26 »
why the steck won't be succesfull ? and why playmobil want to use in the new sets systemx or some new type,  exept of steck  ??

Who said anything like that???? Jumbo, a huge greek toystore, brough a big pile of 3030 exlusives last year between Easter time and september there was nothing left!!!

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 12:00:03 »

Nobody said that steck wouldn't be successful. Maybe it would be.  ???
But the facts are that Playmobil as a company decided to release another system, sysX, I think in 1997. This is already more than 10 years ago!
In these last 13 years they did not a single new mould for steck, just rereleases like the red framework house, but build up a wide range on sysX-pieces.

I can only speculate why they went for a new system, but it would be a surprise if they would say: Okay then, lets switch back to steck...

Everything we know about this is that - according to Richard's report - Horst Brandstätter is also worried about huge pieces and would support any initiative that brings playmobil to a more flexible system.

So, make steck compatible with sysX and design its future... ...and maybe there will be steck again in the near future... ;)

best,
socrates

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 16:28:08 »
i see !!!!!! i'am not obsest by steck to say the true but it's the only system i like if i have to choose between steck and systemx . like martin said in the other thread system  x can be inproved by covering some how the problematic  holes !!!!! it has but still if you take it apart it's difficult to make it again ! and if a castle is made with system x breaks very easyly i have this castle with system x the one with the lion flags ,if i move it a little the walls break . but i can't understand why they stopped making steck and making new moulds for it if it was succesfull !!!! only to make a change?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 18:26:02 »
Different areas, different ideas Alex...a company needs to make its toys more attractive in order to survive in a digital age... it must offer new perspectives and new ideas as even children nowadays become more demanding... i do not think that a child today would be very thrilled with the older playmobil sets.. loads of competition from video and computer games you see. System x in my opinion brough children and parents closer together...more time to assembly, more time for playing. But as life is getting quicker, paces of everyday life faster, a parent cannot spend too much time in assmbly, thus the newer clip-on sets like the lighthouse and dragon land.... easier to assemble, faster for the parents,who in order to meet with their everyday demands, must spend fewer hours with their children...and another issue...children are getting bored more easily these days...cost efficient, to produce a non expandable set of toys, only to be replaced two or three years later from another so it would be easier for the company to sell....

too many thoughts???

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 18:51:22 »
Different areas, different ideas Alex...a company needs to make its toys more attractive in order to survive in a digital age... it must offer new perspectives and new ideas as even children nowadays become more demanding... i do not think that a child today would be very thrilled with the older playmobil sets.. loads of competition from video and computer games you see. System x in my opinion brough children and parents closer together...more time to assembly, more time for playing. But as life is getting quicker, paces of everyday life faster, a parent cannot spend too much time in assmbly, thus the newer clip-on sets like the lighthouse and dragon land.... easier to assemble, faster for the parents,who in order to meet with their everyday demands, must spend fewer hours with their children...and another issue...children are getting bored more easily these days...cost efficient, to produce a non expandable set of toys, only to be replaced two or three years later from another so it would be easier for the company to sell....

too many thoughts???

I think you're on the right track, WK. It is a shame, but "quality time" (ugh, horrible expression) when parents interact with their children in play is shrinking. Parents on this Forum, and Playmoboard before it died, have shown how much fun it can bring, and how it brings them closer to their children.

The argument against "clip system is better because it is quicker to assemble" is that that hasn't held true for Lego, whose product is now occupying space formerly occupied by Playmobil (in the shops I regularly visit).

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 18:59:54 »
The argument against "clip system is better because it is quicker to assemble" is that that hasn't held true for Lego, whose product is now occupying space formerly occupied by Playmobil (in the shops I regularly visit).

True on this argument Martin!! I've seen it happen! And it does happen because an adult needs a constucting model like Lego to organise his or her mind... I have felt it myself and seen it in many of my friends....Its the principal reason why lego is sometimes more accepted and used by adults than Playmobil...

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 20:03:26 »
Hah, I think I found a reason!  :D
I compared two pretty much comparable pieces:
30 20 6520 - Wall, plain, stonework, 1 unit wide (System X) : weight 30g (including 4 red connectors!)
30 07 6680 - Wall, Flat with Arrow-Slit : weight 44g

That means a reduction in used material of about 33% or in other words three pieces for the price of two.
For a company like Playmobil and the numbers they produce, this saves millions per year!

But then I dont understand the ground floors...  ???

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 20:10:53 »
Hah, I think I found a reason!  :D
I compared two pretty much comparable pieces:
30 20 6520 - Wall, plain, stonework, 1 unit wide (System X) : weight 30g (including 4 red connectors!)
30 07 6680 - Wall, Flat with Arrow-Slit : weight 44g

That means a reduction in used material of about 33% or in other words three pieces for the price of two.
For a company like Playmobil and the numbers they produce, this saves millions per year!

But then I dont understand the ground floors...  ???

best,
socrates

Tricky, isn't it?