Author Topic: Novelties 2020: Jul-Sep  (Read 14157 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: Novelties 2020: Jul-Sep
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2019, 05:10:36 »
The Scooby Doo house looks like it would be potentially nice, if you gave it a spray paint and tidy up, but it's hard to judge if it exists beyond a facade - I guess good for building street scenes but not so much for play/building interiors. The other problem is that it's a big set that includes the van, so it will probably be on the expensive side. Hopefully it'll be one that turns up on the second hand market a lot (I feel like I see the Ghostbusters stuff a lot, and that's how I'll pick up the firehouse when I get around to it).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2019, 08:34:51 »
The other problem is that it's a big set that includes the van, so it will probably be on the expensive side.

:o  It does!? :o :o

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2019, 12:16:48 »
:o  It does!? :o :o

Oh, probably not - I somehow thought that picture was the box front, but now I think about it, it must be the catalogue page diorama of the whole range!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2019, 15:57:07 »
Individual set pics of the Scooby Doo have shown up on Instagram.  Graveyard is a big yes, as is the house for me. There was also a pic of a wildlife set that has a big truck and a brown bear in it recently, but it seems to have disappeared since I saw it.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2019, 21:39:03 »
Bunch of new pictures today, here they are. I'll get them named and themed when I get a chance.

New set-pictures Dec 13 2019
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2019, 21:56:11 »
Bunch of new pictures today, here they are. I'll get them named and themed when I get a chance.

:o  Thank you Heather!

(my poor wallet is... I don't even know.)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2019, 22:19:15 »
So much useful stuff there. Another old medieval hat by the looks too, a red version of the green one worn by the bear dancing guy, unless it's the kid's hat, hard to tell. Nice to see the helmet with the three feathers on the top making a comeback, they've become hard to find.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 22:26:40 by Klickteryx »

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2019, 08:36:05 »

Thanks for the update! The Space Police theme did show up at last, then. And the zombie Egyptians in the Scooby Doo set... they're brilliant!

Nice to see the helmet with the three feathers on the top making a comeback, they've become hard to find.

On that note, has anyone ever tried figuring out what kind of helmet that would be? 'Cause it looks like a hodgepodge of different models.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2019, 09:45:25 »
The horses of the Scooby Doo Western stagecoach have the wrong saddles!!

They are waring this type:

Instead of this type:

I hope this mistake is only in the picture, because I really would love the right type in black!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2019, 12:16:17 »

Thanks for the pics!

Love the Heidi sets - I was planning on getting the other sleigh they made recently, but this one in brown is much better.

I like the Scooby Doo witch with the giant cauldron. Plus they have some nice pieces - the brown chairs (who'd have thought that the best way to reign in their addiction to crazy colours was TV tie ins?!), the bats (I think I prefer the sleeping ones in the graveyard to the flying ones) and a few other accessories. And the grave yard is generally kind of cool.