Author Topic: Happy 3 kings day  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Happy 3 kings day
« on: January 06, 2011, 22:15:09 »
I know this Jan 6th holiday is only celebrated by Latin-descent countries (i.e. Spain, France, Central/South America, etc.) but I wanted to wish you all a nice 3 kings day ;D

Christmas is over tonight, wich is very sad  :hissyfit: :'(
At least I'll have 3 kings cake tonight, yum! :) - Gastronomy-wise (3 kings cake) celebration varies from country to country

Kids receive presents in the morning, brought by the 3 kings - My baby born nephew received a big present, with (brand new obviously ;D) diapers, a romper suit, a Spiderman balloon and his first Playmobil 1.2.3. set ;D

Here are some pictures - first the present box with all the stuff inside (except the balloon) which I wrapped myself. ;D

Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Re: Happy 3 kings day
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 22:17:14 »
The set - the variety at the store wasn't very wide, but I thought this one was cute - it has a dinosaur! :)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 22:18:05 »
my sister wanted to open the package to see the toys - she loved the african american boy :)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 22:19:48 »
I normally don't pay much attention to the 1.2.3. section in the normal (big) catalogs and when I saw the one that came inside the set I loved some items shown - like Noah's ark and this farm looking set which I plan to buy him eventually 8-)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 22:24:29 »
now I wish this range of sets were more pupular in the baby-targeted market - or maybe they are and I'm pretty unaware?

now to wait at least 18 months for my nephew to play with his first Playmobil figures ;)

anyhow, that's all for now :)

have fun with the presents the 3 kings brought you :) (if they visited you ;D)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 22:35:13 »
Hmm strange, no 3 kings day here... never heard of it actually...

But its the result that counts!!! Greats sets for your nephew!!!

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 22:42:53 »
We don't celebrate it here (the Netherlands) but I did know of it.

Three Kingsday was the day that my mum used to chuck out the Christmastree. hihi.

Anyway - Happy Three Kingsday to all!

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline sweetking

• x Club Member*
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 23:00:40 »
Its called Epiphany around here ; we don't offer presents but we eat the dedicated cake with one or two china figures to be found / In south of Europe it can be a figure and a true bean.

The reason of the bean is linked to Romans I believe. It evolved in small figure to avoid the person having the bean to swallow it and avoid offering the next cake...

At medieval times it was linked to the "day of sins"/"Day of mad ones"... a period in January where the social order was reversed to celebrate the junction of moon and sun calendars...

A mix of Christian and older traditions... as often for Christian celebrations.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 23:07:34 »
Ah yes, Epiphany!!! yeah it was a holiday for us here too. Priests are throwing a cross in the water (sea, lake, river) to signify the Epipany and swimmers jump in the water to grab the cross...Whoever gets the cross is blessed...thats all.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 23:13:15 »
HI

Interesting holiday. We do not have it here but we do celebrate Christmas on the old Orthodox calendar which is on the 7th of January. It is kind of fun as we get presents twice.

Great wrapping job, mine always looks like a drunk did it  :loco:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: