Author Topic: Value of sales of Playmobil on Ebay -- some preliminary numbers  (Read 12812 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: Value of sales of Playmobil on Ebay -- some preliminary numbers
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 18:31:08 »
Nohing really... they just stare silly for a few moments and then they gather around me asking anxiously...oh goody!!! What did you get today?

well usually after going to the post office i pass from my grandmothers house which is close to take a rest and after go to my house ,always argues with me and screams that i'am waisting the money on toys !!! one day i accidently pressed the bell of the nighbours house as well my grandmother opened her appartment door the neighbour also she screamed WHAT HAVE YOU BOUGHT AGAIN DOLLS!!!!!! and the neighbour shutted his door on my face so i prefer silly looking !!!!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
Re: Value of sales of Playmobil on Ebay -- some preliminary numbers
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 20:30:12 »
.... is extremely rare to ever find one 100% complete, with out any damage, with the decals in exact correct position, & their grey parts not discolored! That is why I would enjoy seeing this set reissued using the vast improved plastic quality so I would be able to assemble them myself to my strict standards, & not trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear!

I agree with Bill as well, the main reason I'd buy a MISB is so I can put everything on straight or not glue down wallpapers so I can wash parts as they get dusty. Although looking at the prices some sets go it wouldn't be a bad investment putting away a few sealed boxes to sell later on in a few years. I wonder what will happen to the price of the Victorian Fence when it's reissued later this year?

I think I spent about £80 on a fence a few years ago, and I had to think twice about spending that much even then. Now the prices have shot up to £200-£300 which is way more than I could afford, So I'm glad the old sets are being reissued so I can get my hands on things I'd love to have but have always worried about the cost.

Like alot of us here I like to rebuild things and make new stuff and some times the parts are so expensive, I'm working on a Tudor Manor house and I've used 10 of the plain walls so far which have cost me between £5-£9 each. At a quick count so far its cost me over £200 to buy the parts I've needed mostly from ebay, so I cant wait for Pm to reissue chimneys, walls etc.  I'd build a whole Town  :love: without worrying about ruining a rare piece.
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!