Author Topic: Value of sales of Playmobil on Ebay -- some preliminary numbers  (Read 12894 times)

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
Re: Value of sales of Playmobil on Ebay -- some preliminary numbers
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 12:48:17 »
I think the numbers are by far not only for vintage playmo. There are a lot of people / toy shops merchandising new playmo with good prices and/or for international shipping. So, these are not plain numbers about what would playmo get from a collectors club.
Further I think playmo is very well aware of playmo-sales on ebay. Recently, german collectors had to convince the guys at DS that they do not retail spare parts but use them for their customs.

But still, these are very interesting numbers, thanks for all this effort collecting these, AndrewL...  :wow:

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 13:34:09 »
There is a simple solution to the issue of providing affordable access to rare parts or sets to those of us who want to "play" while still preserving the value and rarity of old sets for collectors:  Playmobil can simply re-issue the rare parts and sets in bags or plain brown boxes through Direct Service.  Easy as pie!   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 15:07:52 »
I don't really share this point of view because I believe that, assigning an excessive value to so called 'rare' items increases the prices on E-bay forcing people like me to pay too much money. I play and build with Playmobil which means I need to have access to lots of parts for reasonable prices. To me it would be great to have new releases of old parts and hopefully a collector's club will provide this kind of benefit.  

There is a simple solution to the issue of providing affordable access to rare parts or sets to those of us who want to "play" while still preserving the value and rarity of old sets for collectors:  Playmobil can simply re-issue the rare parts and sets in bags or plain brown boxes through Direct Service.  Easy as pie!   :)

well playmobil is changing we can't ask them to remake all the old toys . there are new sets disighned and ,new people to make succesfull toys and show their work !! as indianna said some very wanted old sets can be remaide throught ds in brown boxes or in bags the smaller parts such as the medieval tailor's green house ,the bakery and others wanted
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 18:01:53 »

i don't like that at all  >:( >:( to make the old playmobil again because the rarity system won't exist , and they won't be special.

You can't please everyone all of the time :hissyfit:! I'm all for replacement parts becoming available once again, for the die hard collectors among us trying to improve their non complete acquisitions! I would also like to see reissue of sets as requested by collectors as limited editions :love:! Thank you AndrewL, for these interesting figures :)9! Hopefully your efforts will spark some real evaluation by Playmobil in this market area :prays:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 18:35:59 »
You can't please everyone all of the time :hissyfit:! I'm all for replacement parts becoming available once again, for the die hard collectors among us trying to improve their non complete acquisitions! I would also like to see reissue of sets as requested by collectors as limited editions :love:! Thank you AndrewL, for these interesting figures :)9! Hopefully your efforts will spark some real evaluation by Playmobil in this market area :prays:!

is this going to happen or we are just talking about it?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 19:04:11 »

is this going to happen or we are just talking about it?

Don't know, but actually it's partially happening at least. A lot of previously thought parts are being re-released again. For instance, the old throne model was a rather rare part until it started to re-appear in 4339 (multiset knight) in blue and in the new 4865 big castle.

But it's not enough  8-) , I'm still a big fan of classic edition releases like Lego does.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 19:24:58 »
i didn't knew it came in blue !!!! looks modern  :P but this is only a part many parts have been realesed again in all years of playmobil such as hats ,accesories ,chairs and even the 3750 ship see here http://www.dunnstoyandhobby.com/v/vspfiles/photos/PLA5778-2.jpg
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 19:58:31 »
That throne is fantastic in blue!!!! The ship is also awesome in this colour!!!! If only it had different sails....

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 20:14:33 »
That throne is fantastic in blue!!!! The ship is also awesome in this colour!!!! If only it had different sails....

i bought it :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: when i was on the playmobil here in athens with the thought i could change it sails and all others (i liked the coulor of the ship ) but the front stick broke and  i cant use it any more  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( 30-40-50 euros gone waisted around there i don't remember exactly  :-\
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 05:17:41 »
I like Playmobil because I enjoy playing with it, and there are many pieces, figures and sets I would like to see reissued simply because I would like to be able to play with them without having to pay premium prices on EBay. The satisfaction I derive and the value I place on Playmobil comes from the fun of customising and playing, not from knowing that I own rare pieces, figures or sets.

:clap: :clap: :clap: