Creative > How-To

Santa gave me "Shopping for Customizing Supplies" ~Please help me spend my $$

<< < (2/4) > >>

Psyche:
Thanks for the suggestions! Michael's has a coupon in our Sunday paper most weeks for 40% off one item...so I will wait and use that for one of the pricier items. A saw would be nice as I don't think I have anything that can cut a klicky. Also a vice grip, paints, brushes, ...I have an X-acto knife but only one size blade. I also need a small screw driver and ...

I imagine $50 will do fast!

P.S. Tim, I also do paper arts and adore the sb papers. Very versatile and tons of designs.

Val:
I`m lucky....when I need something I turn to him-at-the-next-desk and say "Have we got....?" and it appears from the 35 year collection of toy customising tools. But I have got a very good set of surgical scalpels that belong to me. And these very fine writing pens that you use to draw on acetates for overhead projection presentations are much easier for details than paintbrushes.

Having said that, I can`t paint a straight line and haven`t customised a klicky in months, so it`s a bit of a waste at present. Oh well, new year, more time?

Serenity:

--- Quote ---And these very fine writing pens that you use to draw on acetates for overhead projection presentations are much easier for details than paintbrushes.
--- End quote ---

I've been using paint pens for the same reason.  You still need to practice to get a fine line, but it's still loads easier than a paint brush.

I've been longing for some jeweler's tools, tiny files and the like, and even some dentist tools would work well.  The dremel is great, but it can go wrong WAY too fast if you're not careful.  I like a little more control for the fine details.

Psyche:
Well, Spring semester started and I'm teaching two advanced undergrad classes so it's pretty hectic around here  plus the pup is in full 12-week-old bounce & chew mode and my kid leaves for Africa this month.  8} Still, there is always time for at least a little shopping.  ;)

So...I finally made it to Michaels! There were having a huge scrapbook paper sale so I ended up getting about 30-40 sheets of fun and unique papers for backgrounds, wall papers, and my "other" hobbies. Then I got into paint bruch mode and found 5 excellent bruches in various sizes and shapes of "tiny!" From there it was off to look at enamels and I ended up with 10 nice colors (what's with the no "girly" colors in enamels...too much of an army/automobile influence   :hmm:  I'll have to see about that!  ;D "Let there be hot pink!"). I also purchased some odds and ends (brush cleaner, fine sandpaper, and such) and then headed for the X-acto knives. In the paper crafts area they had a pretty set but it wasn't terribly versative...then I found the "hard core" set (pictured below) AND the X-acto "Saw" set!!! Top it all off with some red modeling clay and a few rubbers stamps (not photoed) and I'd blown my gift card and then some...but had a blast.

--- Quote from: Val on January 09, 2006, 09:10:00 ---"Have we got....?" and it appears from the 35 year collection of toy customising tools. But I have got a very good set of surgical scalpels that belong to me.

--- End quote ---
  Lucky indeed Val! And ready for anything by the sound of it!

Here's the bullk of my haul:

Serenity:
can we get a close up of the saw?  I haven't seen that.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version