Creative > Customs Gallery

SAS Counter Terrorist Unit

(1/6) > >>

Tim_w:
Hello All  :wave:

Ever since i was a child i heard story's about the SAS (Special Air Service) and their daring rescue of the hostages held in the Iranian embassy on the 5th May 1980. To this day i still look in awe at the pictures of these mysterious figures clad in black fire proof overalls. Naturally my fascination grew and i have read many books on the SAS over the years.
For those of you not familiar with the SAS they are a special forces group the best of the best, an elite part of the British Army. Among many other things they are responsible for responding to any terrorist threat on British soil that is deemed necessary. This means that there is allways a team on 24 hour standby ready to respond at a moments notice. They are highly trained, ruthlessly efficient and considered by many to be the best in the world bar none. They have also been known to offer assistance to other country's in an advisory role if required. Infact in 1977 two SAS soldiers helped storm a German airliner in Mogadishu alongside Germany's own counter terrorist unit GSG 9. The mission was a complete success and shows the co-operation between the SAS and other countries units.
After reading a book recently i decided to make my own SAS Counter Terrorist unit in Klickie form. Below are some pictures of my Klickie SAS as it stands so far and descriptions of the equipment used.

Regards  Tim

playmofire:
Interesting custom, Tim, and nicely done. 

The cowboy style rifle in an interesting choice.  I'd have gone for the rifle with the telescopic sight, but on reflection you don't need that in a confined space.

Tim_w:
Here is a picture of one of the trooper's holding a Remington 870 pump action shotgun. In the Counter Terrorist role these are primarily used for blowing hinges off doors but they can fire a number of different types of cartridge.
He is seen here wearing a helmet and headset, the helmet being important protection against falling debris. A respirator is worn to protect against the smoke from gas grenades thrown into the rooms to disorientate the terrorists.
Another important peice of equipment is the bullet proof vest giving the wearer protection against high velocity rounds. The overall colour scheme of the equipment is black for a very important reason, primarily designed as a shock tactic. Black figures crashing into a room cause fear thus gaining a couple seconds hesitation from the terrorist, just enough to kill before any fire is returned.
Just visible in the other hand is a Browning High Power, a 9mm hand gun with a formidable reputation.

Tim_w:
Here is a picture of the pump action shotgun, this is a customised rifle made to look as though its a pump action. There is also a close up of the Browning High Power in a holster, a fully trained SAS trooper can draw and fire a 13 round magazine in 3 seconds  :omg: !!

Tim_w:
Here is a picture of the second trooper wearing an abseiling kit for rapid descent down the side of buildings. This consists of rope, harness and descendeur (metal device clipped to harness through which the rope is threaded) to help controll the decent. He is also carrying a Browning High Power in a holster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version