Author Topic: Playmobil PLUS catalogue 2022  (Read 23723 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: Playmobil PLUS catalogue 2022
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 09:24:31 »
But it's not personal, it's not because we finally get "recognized", it's much more probable someone high up has been building a dream castle in the sky about reaching a - virtually impossible - turnover mark by 2024 (50th anniversary?). And to hypothetically reach this financial fata morgana they must have done the numbers and realized that the only way to reach that without seriously expanding development and investments is to get all the old stuff on the market again, "newly branded".

If there's one who knows their business, it must be you Bart. Always interesting to read your insights about the company!

I agree it's probably about the numbers, but from the outside it looks like they had a complete change of management. I could imagine a revival of one theme, but we have 3 classic themes now revived in the PLUS catalogue (Victorian, Western and Circus) and who knows what more they have to surprise us. Some sets of the Victorian theme also fit very well in the Western houses: the bedroom, the fireplace, ... I wonder now if the change of colour of the bedroom was done on purpose?
So, even though it is in the end about the numbers, they did an amazing and well investigated job on the PLUS assortment!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 09:33:27 »
Is the term 'Amerindien' new to PM, or is that just in France?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 11:39:17 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2021, 10:47:21 »
New roof colors as well, brown for the store and blue for the house. The recolors make them all a great way to expand a western town even farther.

Looks like the porch on the western farm also has a dark brown roof, which I think is new.

Yeah, they want your money :-)

But it's not personal, it's not because we finally get "recognized"

It's a private company in a capitalist society. None of them care about you, they just want to extract money from you

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 13:13:46 »
Granted. But at least, if I’m gonna give them my money, let it be for something I actually want or else the money’s going elsewhere.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 19:33:28 »
Can I say the PLUS catalogue is now the main catalogue?! It has already more to offer than the announced novelties of the regular catalogue... I'm kinda hyped to figure out the other PLUS sets!

The PLUS offerings certainly have been great lately. I look forward to seeing any additional sets. :)

The new colours look fabulous, here, and with the Victorian reissues.

They do! It's nice to see these colours being used.

I need to sell some cars for more playmobil

Weren't you using them to store Playmobil at some point though? :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2021, 19:40:28 »
I thought Victorian and Cicus would be it. Highly unusual for there to be this big Western assortment as well. Makes me wonder if they will do the other obvious classic group and have a large pirate ship back again too? At this point that and trains are the only things missing from a classic era relaunch.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2021, 21:11:55 »
Makes me wonder if they will do the other obvious classic group and have a large pirate ship back again too? At this point that and trains are the only things missing from a classic era relaunch.

A Direct Service/Playmobil Plus '3940' (US '3286') or '5135' in new (still realistic) colors would be nice, the latest big ships were rather crap. Unless they would decide to replace the 'Enterprise' with a 'Victory' in the regular 'very special assortment'.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2021, 02:03:05 »
A Direct Service/Playmobil Plus '3940' (US '3286') or '5135' in new (still realistic) colors would be nice, the latest big ships were rather crap. Unless they would decide to replace the 'Enterprise' with a 'Victory' in the regular 'very special assortment'.

ooh, i can already imagine a $500 pirate ship full of led gadgets and armed with photon torpedos :-)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2021, 06:50:58 »
What's going on??  8} :o

I'm glad they're finally after our money after all, but... what about my budget  :sorrow:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2021, 07:51:37 »
Is the term 'Amerindien' new to PM, or is that just in France?

"Amerindian" has been used in the US-sphere for a while, though it's never been the official term. I'd guess some enterprising employee adopted it.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: