Author Topic: What specific items/pieces would you like to see?  (Read 19485 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: What specific items/pieces would you like to see?
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2022, 16:35:06 »
only with the red and yellow bits system

It's called System-X  :)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2022, 22:40:15 »
It's called System-X  :)

Ah! Thank you! Now I remember.  8}

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2022, 21:59:57 »
I’d like to see  huge Luxury Sailing Yacht

Not the dinky ones they have made , a big beautiful multi sail one
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2022, 09:26:35 »
I'd like to see a return of the old school bonnets!

Why, oh why, did they not release more of these?! These would go so well with some historical sets. Not to mention they look so cute!  :'( I'd like to see more of the old Bedouins and normal sailors like they had a loooong time ago. I'd also like to see more Victorians to go with the wonderful, recent revival. There's probably a lot more I'd like to see. But this is it....for now.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2022, 09:36:12 »
I agree, those bonnets are beautiful! The color ones are currently available on ebay.de for between 40 (for a 'coloured in' one) and 65 Euro,  so the re-release of a white one would annoy a few sellers!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2022, 10:24:32 »
But what of the wallets? What would they say?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2022, 13:46:31 »
But what of the wallets? What would they say?

Kindergarten language rule prevents from repeating anything mine has to say on the subject.

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2022, 20:41:00 »
I agree, those bonnets are beautiful! The color ones are currently available on ebay.de for between 40 (for a 'coloured in' one) and 65 Euro,  so the re-release of a white one would annoy a few sellers!

My wallet is crying at the sight of these words. You think Western or Special Pluses and the like would give ample opportunity for their resurgence.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2022, 09:21:23 »
Yes, why don't they reuse old parts? Good point. Perhaps the moulds have deteriorated to the point of being unusable? A typical mould lasts for 100,000, I read on Wikipedia.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2022, 18:40:23 »
Yes, why don't they reuse old parts? Good point. Perhaps the moulds have deteriorated to the point of being unusable? A typical mould lasts for 100,000, I read on Wikipedia.

My first thought was that it was a mould issue, since it's been so long since it has appeared, but I have no idea about the economics of re-making a mould.