Author Topic: Everdreamerz Series 4 CANCELED  (Read 9415 times)

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Everdreamerz Series 4 CANCELED
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2021, 20:33:26 »
@Collectobart:
You´re Bart from 'Collectobil', right? Are you still working in Zirndorf?

How are you, Hadoque !?!

Let's go with "yes!" on the first question and an "oh no!" to that second question :-)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2021, 20:45:18 »
How are you, Hadoque !?!

Reasonably good: still alive and still playing  ;D

Let's go with "yes!" on the first question and an "oh no!" to that second question :-)

Great to see you here! I only had a very slight doubt because you never posted on PF before, except within this thead.  ;)
Did we ever meet in person? Or virtually on e.g. Playmoboard or in the PCC or in KW? I can´t remember, but I do have very good memories about your site.
Too bad (or maybe not?  :uhoh: ) you´re not working for Playmobil anymore, but I assume it was a dream that came true and a great experience?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Joshua D

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2021, 03:25:10 »
Hi Bart,
Good to see you. I will always be grateful to you for putting my movies(3 banditos and Heir) on collectibil!

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2021, 07:39:45 »
Great to see you here! I only had a very slight doubt because you never posted on PF before, except within this thead.  ;)
Did we ever meet in person? Or virtually on e.g. Playmoboard or in the PCC or in KW? I can´t remember, but I do have very good memories about your site.

I am sure we met somehow, and i was active here before I started to work for Geobra (I am even on my old account yet somehow though I am starting with a clean post count after all those years :-) )

Too bad (or maybe not?  :uhoh: ) you´re not working for Playmobil anymore, but I assume it was a dream that came true and a great experience?

Well, I was able to work for the brand and realize my dream, which i would say crystalized in Novelmore. Developing this from the ground up, working closely with the very talented toy designers on characters, sets and imagining the overall world, thinking up the lore, the visual language and the stories, working with the product manager on communication and strategy and then trying to keep creative direction over it all as it branched out into comic books and - my core ambition and passion - developing the Novelmore tv-series. It was wonderful to be part of every facet of that production. Generally i do have so many fond memories of working with so many inspiring colleagues and externals along the way.

Unfortunately, after Mrs Schauer left and HOB passed away, working for the company gained more and more Nightmarish aspects. To quote a line from Everdreamerz: "Lady Nightmare is always working behind the scenes to turn dreams into Nightmares". I think that is quite an autobiographical, unconscious and even prophetic statement in hindsight. Finally after 18 years our Entertainment department got suddenly "restructured away" without any explanation, and most of my team members were either fired in cold blood or left themselves. Such a waste of knowledge and experience.

All in all it's been a great ride though!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2021, 08:37:04 »
Thanks for sharing that insight playmobart. You clearly enjoyed working with the Playmobil brand and the Novelmore sub-brand will forever have your stamp on it! It is a shame to hear (and not for the first time!) that not all is well with the company, at least as an employer.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2021, 08:52:42 »
Finally after 18 years our Entertainment department got suddenly "restructured away" without any explanation, and most of my team members were either fired in cold blood or left themselves. Such a waste of knowledge and experience.

:'(

Like you said, such a waste. But it seems playmobil is determined not to use its strenghts... apparently in human resources too :(

I very much enjoy seeing you back, but it makes me sad the way you departed from playmobil.

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2021, 11:48:43 »
Hi Bart,
Good to see you. I will always be grateful to you for putting my movies(3 banditos and Heir) on collectibil!

Oh, those were the days right, when streaming video was still such a challenge :-) Have you made any more meanwhile?

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2021, 00:56:04 »
Fascinating glimpse behind the curtain and into the arcane workings of the Gnomes of Zirndorf!  :thanks:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Joshua D

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2021, 04:24:15 »
Oh, those were the days right, when streaming video was still such a challenge :-) Have you made any more meanwhile?
. I did manage to get one or two up on YouTube. I had planned a whole series of films but, life gets in the way as it tends to do. I still have a couple of ideas of course  ;)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2021, 19:47:37 »
I am sure we met somehow, and i was active here before I started to work for Geobra (I am even on my old account yet somehow though I am starting with a clean post count after all those years :-) )

Actually you didn’t ever post here in the past.
We certainly didn’t delete any posts.
Must be thinking back to the playmoboard days  ;)