General > News

Everdreamerz Series 4 CANCELED

(1/12) > >>

JLMatterer:
I was told today by my local toy store that Everdreamerz Series 4 has been CANCELED. Production for series 4 has been halted. No news on why. Series 3 may be the end.

Erik:
Hm, that's a pity.I didn't like the whole "Everdreamerz" doodah, but I was looking forward to the "Gipsy caravan" in series 4...Would have been nice customizing material.

tahra:
Well.. hope it turns out to be untrue.

I would have no problem if they cancelled all the others (that I actually got the surprise, and have nice parts, but are generally lame as complete bad stereotypes, imo). But now we finally have something better...  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

(Wallet is still grinning hopefully. Idiot.)

StJohn:
Interesting, thanks Jim! If true, it would be a first. And a bad sign with that. To publicly pull a product line after its official announcement (rather than discretely at the design stage) makes a company look weak, and must mean that the market isn't what it was expected to be. It means they're out of touch with their customer base. So, is it really true? Did somebody check Klickywelt? If true, they should be discussing this. Because this is big.

--- Quote from: tahra on January 27, 2021, 17:33:59 ---(Wallet is still grinning hopefully. Idiot.)

--- End quote ---

:lol: I love your wallet running gag! Today's is particularly enjoyable. And you're on a roll: the other remark, about seeing figures
--- Quote from: tahra on January 27, 2021, 09:17:18 ---"in the wild",
--- End quote ---
really made me chuckle. You've got a way with words, Tahra! :)9

JLMatterer:
Deluxe Toy & Hobby was ordering Series 4 when their PM dealer told them that PM has stopped production of Series 4. That's all they know. Deluxe has to to order everything for 2021 at this time, but PM informed them that they will be receive a supplemental catalog by Summer.

It could be due to this:

Playmobil sells 13% less and trusts the recovery to the licenses
The manufacturer of the clicks closes the last year before the pandemic with 62.3 million income

The popular Playmobil clicks did not have a good year in fiscal year the company closed on 31 March. T he weak Christmas campaign recorded by the toy sector caused many stores to end the holidays with more stock than expected, which led to the months of January and February being "very weak" due to the lack of new orders. As if that were not enough, when sales began to rise, in the month of March, the covid pandemic broke out.

This is what the managers of the Onil-based toy company report in the management report that accompanies their latest accounts, which reflect a 13.3% drop in turnover. Specifically, the company closed the year with a turnover of 63.3 million euros compared to 71.9 million the previous year. A decrease that was concentrated in the domestic market, where the subsidiary of the German group Geobra Brandstätter entered 43.5 compared to 55 million the previous year. On the contrary, it improved its exports to the EU, which went from 16.5 to 18.4 million, according to these sources.

The company already warns that the figures for next year will not be good either, since they will reflect the consequences of the pandemic in all its harshness. However, those responsible are optimistic and highlight the success they have achieved with licensed products, such as their Ghostbusters (Ghostbusters) or Spirit series. A line in which they decided to influence with new products based, for example, on the film Back to the Future or Heidi, to which others will be added this 2021. Products that, in addition to children's, also find an echo among the nostalgic adult public.

https://www.informacion.es/economia/2021/01/26/playmobil-vende-13-fia-recuperacion-31426551.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version