General > Direct Service/Parts Queries

Example of a DS spares order

<< < (3/19) > >>

CountBogro:

--- Quote from: playmofire on October 15, 2007, 14:11:31 --- ... I wonder if the references such as L1/16 refer to a storage location for a part?
--- End quote ---

I think it is. When I used to work for Nissan (in the spare parts department) the locations of items to pick where a lot like those (Lane 1 - space 16 or something like that)

Bogro

playmofire:

--- Quote from: CountBogro on October 15, 2007, 16:52:23 ---I think it is. When I used to work for Nissan (in the spare parts department) the locations of items to pick where a lot like those (Lane 1 - space 16 or something like that)

Bogro

--- End quote ---

Exactly my line of thought, although I notice that the reference does alter sometimes.  I'll have a closer look at an item I've ordered over a number of years.

playmofire:
Here's the address I use, Martin:

DirectService_UK@playmobil.de

(which I now see is the same as the one Sylvia gave you :-[)

playmofire:

--- Quote from: sbblabotw on October 15, 2007, 15:56:29 ---Yes, Gordon, I'd love to have them. I OCR'ed Martin's in a couple minutes, so scans aren't a problem if that's how you have them.

Hm.  OK, I'll keep that in mind.  So do you tend to get the right part but it's described wrongly, or do you get the right description but the wrong part, or things switched around?  You'd think that when the order-taker types in a part number, the description would pop up, but if "dto." (ditto) appears, then I guess not. Weird.

--- End quote ---

I'll have to scan them in, Heather, but that will be a handy exercise as it will free up some space in a desk draw.

So far, I've got the right part with the wrong description.

A description does come up when the part number is put in, but this can be in English or German depending on the part, so unless the person putting in the data can read both English and German and has an accurate (i.e. Playmobil's) description of the part on your list and is reading both the part number and the description and checking the latter against what appears on the screen, a discrepancy like this wouldn't be picked up.

Rasputin:
Another part description that can further confuse you is Playmobil calls # 30 02 8470 a "CEILING ELEMENT LARGE" on you data base it is called a  "Floor, 1x2 units"

I guess it is the same thing depending if you are up stairs or down .

http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30+02+8470

These descriptions are all over my lists . # 30 22 3670 playmobil called a "CROWN CHILD"  this is what it is http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30+22+3670

As one might imagine i had a hell of a time fitting it on a child head, let a lone getting him to stand up with it  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version