Author Topic: Stickers tutorial  (Read 5412 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Stickers tutorial
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 08:35:15 »
@ Tahra: These motorcycle helmet stickers have the same problem as the milkcarton stickers? Because of the rounded shape of the helmet they let loose? How do you deal with them?

They are a piece of... junk. That is the issue. They are NOT like the milkcarton. They are junk to begin with.

I have glued a couple. Other than that, I don't know. A lot just "break" in the middle.

Seriously, I have NO idea what is the problem with them, compared to all the others, but they are consistently junk.

Uhm.. I am not sure I have any RECENT helmet with stickers. Still, the point stands, since all the other old sets that have stickers don't really have these issues, and the helmet stickers also had them when they were brand new.

Offline Tacbe

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 07:34:35 »
With small stickers I use the following method:
1. Peel of only a small part of the stickers corner from the sticker sheet
2. Put a small utility knife blade (such as Stanley) under the sticky side of the stickers corner
3. Peel the entire sticker of the sticker sheet while holding the the sticker in the corner between the utility knife blade and your finger. (Your fingers don't touch the sticky side)
4. Apply the sticker on the object.
  - End with the corner stick to the utility blade knife only if its placed correctly.
  - If not placed correctly, peel it of again.
  - The sooner you detect if its placed incorrectly the better
  - If sticker is applied and its placed incorrectly and you already removed utility blade from its corner, gently peel of the sticker starting in the end corner

But most important (as already mentioned by Raven) Don't do this in a hurry . . .

I feel sorry for all those parents which bought a huge box of Playmobil for the 1st time, giving it to their child for their birthday, not knowing its takes time to assembly and apply the stickers. Poor kid who wants to play with it instantly.

And last but not least. The kid who wants to do everything by itself . . . . .  . .  :-[ and you don't want to discourage him . . .

Good tutorial Raven, Thanks
Playmobil will not tire, it will not falter and it will not fail

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 18:06:19 »

I feel sorry for all those parents which bought a huge box of Playmobil for the 1st time, giving it to their child for their birthday, not knowing its takes time to assembly and apply the stickers. Poor kid who wants to play with it instantly.

and many Christmas Eves/ Christmas Mornings are taken up with assembling PM and other toys...
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tarra Nova

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2021, 00:35:30 »
I know I'm late here re 'stickers', but I'm kinda new and still reading older posts!
As I have little to no hope of getting replacements here in Canada, I've started scanning my new sticker sheets.  If I mess up (!) applying one, or they start coming off, I'll be able to reprint onto adhesive paper, trim and reapply.
Gotta say, Playmo stickers are little works of art!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2021, 07:23:24 »
I know I'm late here re 'stickers', but I'm kinda new and still reading older posts!
As I have little to no hope of getting replacements here in Canada, I've started scanning my new sticker sheets.  If I mess up (!) applying one, or they start coming off, I'll be able to reprint onto adhesive paper, trim and reapply.
Gotta say, Playmo stickers are little works of art!

Good move there, and you might be able to help others who have messed up fixing the stickers.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”