Author Topic: Playmobil in the News  (Read 219706 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil in the News
« Reply #700 on: November 22, 2017, 08:20:28 »
A Karl Marx klicky? THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!  :apple:

The guy who inspired the gulags and the killing fields of Cambodia? Perhaps not. It would be interesting to see a collection of famous people who've helped shaped the world for good or ill, but perhaps those tied to more modern ideological struggles should be avoided such as klicky versions of Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Franco etc.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #701 on: November 22, 2017, 15:51:00 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #702 on: November 23, 2017, 20:03:55 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #703 on: November 24, 2017, 14:46:38 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #704 on: November 25, 2017, 14:51:25 »

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #705 on: November 25, 2017, 16:43:14 »
The guy who inspired the gulags and the killing fields of Cambodia? Perhaps not. It would be interesting to see a collection of famous people who've helped shaped the world for good or ill, but perhaps those tied to more modern ideological struggles should be avoided such as klicky versions of Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Franco etc.

This is a valid concern. Certainly your list of leaders should be outside the pale. Marx is debatable but reasonable people might fall on either side of the question.

However permit me to point out that controversy will occur no matter who they do. Case in point: Martin Luther. PM's already been forced to change the printing on his book by one of the Professionally Offended; we were also treated to a raft of articles about how Luther was really pretty terrible and responsible for all sorts of bad things.

"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #706 on: November 25, 2017, 20:02:01 »
This is a valid concern. Certainly your list of leaders should be outside the pale. Marx is debatable but reasonable people might fall on either side of the question.

However permit me to point out that controversy will occur no matter who they do. Case in point: Martin Luther. PM's already been forced to change the printing on his book by one of the Professionally Offended; we were also treated to a raft of articles about how Luther was really pretty terrible and responsible for all sorts of bad things.
Communism is still around though so producing a set based on the founder, without other radical or conservative counter personalities, would look like that ideology was being promoted.
I think politics should stay out of any potential theme.
I would like to see a world religious leader theme though - Pope, Dalai Lama, Archbishop of Canterbury, Ayatollah, Jedi etc.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #707 on: November 25, 2017, 20:25:48 »
I would like to see a world religious leader theme though - Pope, Dalai Lama, Archbishop of Canterbury, Ayatollah, Jedi etc.

Personally I think there are FAR too many religious sets. Ok, from your list, exception for the Jedi.  :P

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #708 on: November 26, 2017, 00:04:18 »
I think politics should stay out of any potential theme.

All of whom will come in for criticism on political grounds. As I have pointed out re: Luther.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #709 on: November 26, 2017, 16:49:53 »
I agree, keep politics out, please. Which is why I have refrained from commenting on some of the goings-on on that Mediterranean isle where so many klickies are made...
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)