Getting Started > Technical Support/Testing

How do you conveniently read the new posts?

(1/3) > >>

Macruran:
The new posts section at the bottom only has the five latest. There are a couple dozen sub boards and it's kind of tedious to click through all of them to see if there's anything new. Is there a better way to do it? RSS any good?

playmofire:
At the top of the page, just below the greeting to you "Hello Macruran", click on "Show unread posts since last visit" and that brings up all the posts since you last logged in.

Macruran:
YOU GENIUS. How did I miss that?

hauden_lukas:
I once made a suggestion that the "new post" button either shows the new unread posts since last visit but at least the last posts of say the last 1-2 days - all threads even if you have read in them already.
For me it is annoying to find a topic AFTER I clicked on it because it won't show again with the current setting. Often I want to post a bit later (after a first glance of all posts) but then I need to find the thread(s) again among all others
. If I don't recall the sub-category this takes a while. Yes, I guess there is an option in the user profile section but it would be nice to do this from the main menu.
Other forums work like this (Klickywelt, funtastic-plastic, TJ...)

tahra:

--- Quote from: hauden_lukas on April 09, 2015, 13:40:34 ---For me it is annoying to find a topic AFTER I clicked on it because it won't show again with the current setting.

--- End quote ---

I believe that is the reason the gods gave us the "MARK UNREAD" button  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version