Author Topic: Better Coral Reef  (Read 3603 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Better Coral Reef
« on: January 04, 2015, 15:44:59 »
I posted this over at the PCC yesterday. I was thinking it would be nice to have an updated and more extensive coral reef theme. Rather than just having the one type of coral, the staghorn coral, it would be great to see: brain coral, table coral, and maze coral. All could be designed so that fish, sharks, and seahorses can "perch" on them, just like the current coral. You could also add in other stationary scenery like sea fans, tube sponges, and anenomes. A giant clam would be cool, too.

And we need a lot more variety in fish, such as jellyfish, pufferfish, clown triggerfish, clownfish, needlefish, parrotfish, lionfish, barracudas, and gobys, as well as shrimp and smaller green sea turtles. Especially the jellyfish and pufferfish. I can't believe we don't have those.

Also, a school of small fish like anchovies, formed into a school all facing the same direction and attached by clear plastic or something would be neat. Perhaps smaller reef sharks, too. I think it could be a really beautiful theme, with so many pretty colors that would be eye-catching for children, and yet still realistic.

In fact, instead of adding a bunch of divers or mermaids to it, they could make it a big public aquarium, so that regular people could be visiting and looking at the pretty reefs and fish.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: Better Coral Reef
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 16:34:29 »
Love this idea, bb!  You should be hired as a developer.  (Could I come and work with you?  :lol:)

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 19:08:24 »
I also think its a great idea. It certainly could bring more awareness of the fate of so many reefs that need way more protection.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 06:39:36 »
I like the idea. And it's something that they currently make sets that relate (divers, rafts, boats, Dolphins, whales, etc)

It could even be made as part of an Aquarium (kids love going to the aquarium) with jelly fish and rays and sharks etc.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Kate

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 19:17:33 »
This is a great idea.  Also I would love it if they made a true neptune's castle that had the organic feel of the reefs.  Girls all over the world would put that on their wish list --  mermaid castle.  Of course the mermaids need pets and a playground adapted into marine life and complex coral reefs.  What if we could connect and build some like the rocks that snap together?  Honestly my kids have added those little cheap marine animals in a bag to their mermaid sets.  Distinctly not playmobil, but they just like the variety.  Throw in a wrecked ship filled with ocean life and ruins or a section of a sunken city and I would be over the moon happy.  Oh, and so would my kids to haha. 

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 19:36:45 »
This is a great idea.  Also I would love it if they made a true neptune's castle that had the organic feel of the reefs.  Girls all over the world would put that on their wish list --  mermaid castle. 

I love the idea - as long as it's not all pink.

It COULD be amazing!

Offline Kate

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 19:48:03 »
Yes, no more all pink!  A sandy tan would be better with colorful coral yes!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 20:59:36 »
I'm not so into the fantasy stuff, but yeah I'm sure a lot of little girls would love it! As long as there's no pink. :no:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 22:56:02 »
I agree this would be great, especially with some orange and other coral colors (and not all pink).

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 23:50:27 »
Absolutely! Tans, yellows, orange, blues, greens... Anything but pink! The new vet clinic being pink is terrible... That would ruin the potential for a set like this.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)