Author Topic: Animals That Should be Brought Back  (Read 4966 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Animals That Should be Brought Back
« on: June 16, 2012, 18:51:32 »
This auction shows the demand for the now extremely rare mountain goat: http://www.ebay.com/itm/270998693626?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 One ibex selling for almost $40 + shipping! That's absolutely crazy. I really wish playmobil would bring these back. I've been trying to get my hands on some, but they usually go for a lot of money.

And of course the wildebeest is another animal I am really wanting to see again.

Anyone else have discontinued animals they are wishing for? We had been talking about the bison, and it is being brought back as an add-on.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Animals That Should be Brought Back
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 19:01:26 »
Nice topic, bb!!

I wish they brought the longhorns back 7183 - Longhorn Cattle  :prays:

They haven't been re-issued for some time now and its a good opportunity to do so with the new western theme! Auctions on ebay are quite expensive  :( for these beautiful cattle   :love:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 19:05:51 »
Ooh, that's a good one! I would love to see those again too. The new cows are great, but these look a lot more convincing on a western ranch.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 20:37:52 »
The classic dog is quite nice, it can grasp things in its mouth.

Classic horses also remain the best due to their versatile and quite neutral pose.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 21:13:40 »
I have seen towards the end of an animals life over at geobra they are readily available. Right at the end they tend to go on "best buy", "last chance" or "discontinued" for an additional 25% off. The only animal I have not seen was when the bison got axed but for some reason it is back quite quickly. For me the moment they are off Geobras web site I want them even more. I have learned to recognise the signs of imminent extinction and quietly stock up on as many as possible. Recently when the water buffalo was on sale I actually have no idea how many I bought as I would always add some on every order.

I would be fine with the re-issue of the classic big horn but I would also like to see an updated version. With a diorama of western the classic cattle is in line with the older western items. If you have a lot of the more modern printed cowboys and Indians they look a bit dated especially if you have the modern cows and bulls in your scene. Its kind of like with the sheep as well.

I really am sometimes happy and sometimes totally dissatisfied is in regards to movement. The sabertooth had no mouth movement, the woolly had non working legs, Geobra has so many animals with either movement or the ability to "do" things and it is a feature of Geobra that has made me appreciate their designs even more.

I have recently wanted to do is to fill the cavities of some of the animals. The older elephants and the bison are heavy. The woolly in comparison is much lighter giving a child the impression it is less strong.

I too hope all the animals have a come back some day as I have avoided scalpers like the black plague and wish this to continue.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 08:35:44 »
Oh you just had to mention the classic sheep, I really like them for some reason. They have a rather funny look about them.  :)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 10:47:21 »
classic sheep are much cuter than the newer ones  :love: I also wish they still sold the big old harbor seals
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 03:28:44 »
I too would like to see the longhorns return, but I agree with Rasputin that I would like to see them updated. :cowboy:
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 02:40:46 »
I agree on longhorns, it's a good time for them. The ibex and gnu are also good ones to being back as Classic Animals.
Those are really the major ones, I can't think of any others that really need to be brought back just now.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 02:45:00 »
How about the red Nessie? :love: I'd love to see a worldwide release of that.