Author Topic: Use legos strategi...  (Read 5520 times)

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
Use legos strategi...
« on: February 02, 2012, 17:09:12 »
Not sure about dates, but late 90's and eraly 2000, lego company went almost bankruncy, they sold not sure if all lego parks, but most of them, and the y way ahead only seems to be dark...

Luckily for legos the collectors save the company, but to do this lego open themself to them, creating a new market... a market that only gets bigger, because doesn matter if a new lego series fails, the clasic stuff rules!!! or saves them... and with new ideas the integrate new stuff with the old lego fans, like the star wars series on tv... only gets better...

Eveybody knows this. Even Geobra.

fortunately Geobra its opening themselves to us the collectors, in a very reluctant way i must say, but its a beginig and seems only will get better if Geobra does the right thing. the first big steph, will be to create a -Classic Playmobil- line, not in Ds way, but retailer desing, with a retro format, will increase parent kids conection, is not just buy playmobil to your kids, but buy the same ones you love...

Then my other idea, storm Geobra to lauch under approval of fan member board base of  those Playmobil sets never release for mix reasons... lets say the stem boat, or the medieval sets, etc...

I dont like the idea of delay the PCC, i like the facebook page, but is not the same, is more general, they don't want to invest... the want to give us what they want, is kinda sae  :-\

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: Use legos strategi...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 19:56:52 »
I agree with retail vs DS. I've said it time and time again. DS is next to useless as far as I'm concerned ... and I'm a collector. It's even more useless for occasional buyers. What's the use of things being on the DS catalogue if people don't know about it? It took me a long time, for eg, to realise I could order DS stuff from PM (and they still haven't got back to me with a quote by the way ...) ... because such a service wasn't advertised.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 21:38:14 »
It seems more troublesome to order stuff through DS than through Ebay or other second hand sellers. Aside from some rare items with extreme prices, the online second hand market is very tough competition for DS.

I'd suggest them to have less DS items, focus it more on expansions and sell all of it in stores so it can be bought right along with what its supposed to be an expansion for.

They could give it a name and distinct packaging to show its not a regular set. They could call it Playmobil Extra or something like that.

To further draw attention to it, they could encourage shopkeepers to do promotional stunts that combine these DS items with something suitable from the regular sets and give a package deal for the two items when bought together.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 21:49:31 »
And licensing!

;D ;D ;D

(though I can't think of a licence that PM could get that isn't already being done by LEGO ... LEGO seems to have all the cool stuff covered already)

And then, dedicated PM stores in various capital cities, of course. Not everyone can go to Zirndorf after all.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 23:00:31 »
i'm not sure if i understand this well :-[

you guys request a special line / theme for collectors using retro or vintage looking klickies? :D :eh?:
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 04:29:36 »
i'm not sure if i understand this well :-[

you guys request a special line / theme for collectors using retro or vintage looking klickies? :D :eh?:

Nope, we request a classic line for retail sale, not just collectors... So clasic set are on store again, it can make parents buy the same Sets they have when they were kids...

And a new line of set made under collector board desition, kinda the reissue of the bakery thing, but a bigger scale, like the board may ask for never release sets, but that everybody knows about, like the steam boat or the torture room...

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 08:53:04 »
Classic sets reissued is a good thing, although I wouldnt mind the clickies being slightly updated though.

With a group of nuremberg guards for example they could have the rotating wrists but also shoes and maybe the occasional classic beard.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 10:07:24 »
I find UK DS gives a very good service.  As for local retailers stocking these items, they will only do so if they have the space to stock them and the sales to make it profitable.

Licensing?  Well, it was a mixed blessing for Lego.  It was when some big licensed lines bombed that Lego almost hit the buffers!

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 12:53:28 »
I didn't know that. Which licenses were they?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 13:31:32 »
I didn't know that. Which licenses were they?

It was a Harry Potter one or a late Star Wars one from what I remember.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”