Author Topic: A new western train and expansion sets.  (Read 6767 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
A new western train and expansion sets.
« on: December 10, 2011, 23:58:56 »
I'd really like to see a new western train released, its really the kind of thing that ties the entire western theme together. They could skip the soldier fort for once in favor of a new train.

-The main train set.
Rails in an oval shape, comes with a locomotive, a passenger's wagon and a cattle wagon.
Includes two cows and a horse that can be put in the cattle wagon, along with accesoires such as bags, crates, barrels and suitcases.
Also comes with a dead tree that can be laid down over the tracks.
Included clickies: Machinist, well dressed lady with child, two train robbers and a cowboy.
By adding the train robbers the set is made more appealing to action oriented kids.

-Luxury wagon.
A wagon for the social elite, it comes with luxurious furniture and a bed, glasses, a liquor bottle and a large suitcase.
Included clickies: Grey haired gentleman, well dressed cowboy who can be used as a bodyguard to the gentleman.

-Passenger's wagon.
Same wagon that comes with the train, to offer more space for passengers.
Included clickies: Cowboy and his daughter.

-Money wagon.
A wagon with steel bars before the windows and strong doors. Inside the wagon is a safe filled with money.
Included clickies: two armed soldiers.

-Cargo wagon.
An open wagon with low sides that can store pretty much anything. Comes rather cheap due to the limited content.
Included clickies: a railroad worker.

-Train tunnel with goldmine.
A rock formation that goes over the track and has a tunnel for the train. Comes with a piece of rails that goes through the tunnel.
There is a path that goes up the rocks to a miner's camp on top of the rock formation, with a mine shaft that goes down into the rock formation that has one open side where the mine is located. Inside the mine there is a little track for the mine cart as well, and several rock formations with hiding places. This has been used before, they could make several smaller places like that and fill them with gold nuggets.
Included items are of course a mine cart, sticks of dynamite, picks, shovels, a cookpot and a small tent with several sleeping bags, several sacks of gold, a chest, several mugs and a ladle to go with the cookpot, a campfire and several scrubs that go on top of the rock formation.
Included clickies: four miners and a bandit.

-Bridge.
The tracks move up over a bridge here that goes over a river. Kind of a classic thing for any western setting.
Includes three cows, a calf and a horse. 
Included clickies: a cowboy with a lasso who lets the cows drink at the river.

-Trainstation.
Pretty much just a new version of the old western train station, with about the same amount of clickies. I cant see a way to improve it.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: A new western train and expansion sets.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:35:17 »
Sounds great to me! :high5: I would love love love love love to see the western train and train station come back, and your additions sound great! I like the tunnel idea a lot.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 07:03:35 »
I am on board (no pun intended)  ;) with your new train proposal. A bridge and a tunnel would be awesome!  Very cool ideas!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:59:21 »
Thanks, just trying to find ways to make the trains appealing to more kids.

The goldmine with the tunnel seemed like a good way to stimulate sales.. those that have the goldmine might want the train to go through the tunnel, and those that have the train might want a tunnel. And with this system neither would be required for the other.  :)

Of course train wagons always require the train, but its best to keep the content of the train set itself a bit low so its not that its affordable. Aside from that maybe they should make the train set slightly underpriced to make it a great deal because so many expansions are possible.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 13:03:42 »
I would love the western theme to make a glorious comeback. With the water tower and windmill add on's along with the new stage coach, western take along and indian superset this may become a reality.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 17:47:25 »
If there will be a western set, I'm afraid I have to buy a new house.  :lol: :lol:

:xholly: :xholly: :xholly: :xholly: :xholly: :xholly: :xholly: :xholly: :xholly:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 19:11:06 »
And the prices?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 19:27:05 »
It's rather impossible to estimate the prices since its different for each country.

I'd say the price of the main train should be a good one to make it more affordable, it all starts with that after all. Something like 60-70 euros would be a good range.
The goldmine would probably be more expensive due to the large rock formation and all the equipment that would come with it.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 19:33:44 »
But would Playmobil make a profit at that price?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 19:39:25 »
I'd advice them to take their profits from the expansion packs such as additional tracks, wagons, a trainstation and such. Those parts won't sell without a train, the train is pretty much a requirement for them.

They could make the prices on those packs a little steep to balance things out. The lower price on the initial train would also be justified by the somewhat limited content of that package. Just a round track, a locomotive with two wagons, a few clickies with accesoires does not seem to warrant an overly high price.
Excluding batteries is also a good way to lower the price since batteries are expensive. Should be noted on the box that it does not have batteries.