Author Topic: 4323 truck and trailer  (Read 12762 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4323 truck and trailer
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 23:18:57 »
Thank you for the wonderful review Gordon! Beautiful pictures! I actually have this set and its such a wonderful truck!  :love: Very glad you were able to get one too!  :)

Baden  :wave:

Thanks, Baden, it is a wonderful truck as you say.  I'm trying to find some photos of it loaded up with fire brigade equipment for the move of my brigade from Copt Hewick to its new home at Scalby.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 23:29:58 »
Thanks, Baden, it is a wonderful truck as you say.  I'm trying to find some photos of it loaded up with fire brigade equipment for the move of my brigade from Copt Hewick to its new home at Scalby.

Can't wait to see them then!  ;D

B-W  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 23:38:30 »
HI

This is a great truck that when we learned about its release we were very excited about it. We put an RC unit in it and it is a lot of fun and challenging driving it around.

I was also a bit surprised about the price but that was not going to stop me from getting it. I hope to get a few more for our sea port

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Clong

• playmo emt
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 00:32:25 »
great review. Thank you for sharing

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 01:09:30 »
Thanks for the great review, Gordon! I agree there should be more boxes and pallettes, especially for the price!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 16:41:39 »
Super truck and a great review, Gordon!  I love all the attention to detail that PM puts into it.  :love: You are a lucky guy to have it in your collection.   ;)
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 16:56:52 »
Thank you for your kind comments folks.  It is, indeed, a great set and having it out today for some more photos for this review I decided that it was a "keep for ever set".
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 20:47:16 »
Here are some extra photos of the trailer unit as promised, together with photos of the locking mechanism which secures the container unit to the truck or trailer.

First, a rear view of the trailer showing the red "nudge bar" which applies the brakes and warns the driver when the trailer hits an obstruction when being reversed:

It occurred to me when photographing the trailer that a similar bar should be fitted to the truck too, but there isn't as this photo of the truck and trailer together shows.  Moreover, the design of the truck chassis doesn't allow one to be fitted:

Notice that the trailer also has a tow hitch so that a road train of a truck with a number of trailers could be built up.

Offline 2005huysmans

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 20:58:36 »
it's a very nice truck

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 20:59:37 »
Now for the locking mechanism.

The first photo shows a side view of the truck chassis - note the two holes in the central "spine" of the chassis, one at the rear and one towards the front.  These accommodate the locking pegs which attach the container to the truck.  The trailer chassis follows the same design.

In this underside view of the container the central "spine" of the truck/trailer chassis slides down the central channel on the underneath of the container.  Here, the support legs are pulled clear of the trailer body and the locking pins which are part of these are retracted, leaving the central channel unobstructed for the container to slide onto the chassis.

This second picture of the underside of the container shows it with the support legs pushed in as they would be to lock the container on to the chassis.  The locking pins are clearly visible in the central channel and would be pushed into the holes on the central spine of the chassis, locking the container in place.