Author Topic: Three Super 4 Figures  (Read 5905 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Three Super 4 Figures
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 08:41:25 »
Even so..  :picsplz:

It will take weeks, most likely... so don't hold your breaths  :-[

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 09:57:26 »
Thank you for the review Graham, but add me to that list BIrdie; I think they're dreadful!
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 11:58:32 »
This just is not playmobil, I've no intention on getting any of it. Seems pretty much just some knock off of playmobil, sadly its made by the same company.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 12:08:31 »
To be fair, I have nothing against 'pirate guy' (the middle one) - except for his weird santa boots.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 12:39:38 »
To be fair, I have nothing against 'pirate guy' (the middle one) - except for his weird santa boots.

I think the boots are nice... And DIFFERENT!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 16:00:10 »
VERY interesting.....Im starting to like them  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 23:13:36 »
These are definitely some interesting pieces. I agree that the traditional figures are much better, but I don't think we'll have to worry about them going away soon.
~Pynedor~

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 01:26:03 »
I tried imagining Dr.X and the telescopic guy with "normal" playmo eyes....can you? And then, do you think it loses any attractiveness to kids? (You can use your pc editors to do it if its not easy to visualize this change)
IMO, they do look more attractive with these cartoon eyes.....I think these eyes will be more and more popular even tho our brains are accustomed to accepting only the regular dots.

If we just saw regular klikies for the first time in today's world...I'm sure many of us might have balked at those having 2 dots for eyes and redirect our kids to "better" super 4 toys with more acceptable eyes...assuming they both have same qualities and packaging.....your opinions please?

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 13:02:14 »
No, I feel the dots and usual smile have a certain charm to them, an unmatched innocence. They just look so happy and cheerfull, eager to take on whatever role they are assigned wether its as the hero, the villain or just someone standing in the back.

I feel the same way about the original lego faces by the way, Lego is not Lego anymore since they stopped making the normal faces.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 00:17:17 »
Well, the cannon-arm can make a difference in short-range combat.... extra firepower on deck  ;D

The fat guy with brown longcoat got a standard arm. I cleaned off the brown-painted armhole with a gum, so the left and right sides of the figure look indentical. I painted a kind of necktie on him, and gave both klickies a beltsash made from pvc-stickers.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!