Author Topic: Wolf Knights....  (Read 20372 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Wolf Knights....
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2010, 05:26:40 »
Be carefull if you decide to invest...you'll end up with more than you'll need!!! :D :D

I did not know such a thing was possible! :o :o

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2010, 06:57:48 »
I did not know such a thing was possible! :o :o

Well, I am trying to create the Bronze Knights!! Each wolf knight has only half parts of him in bronze...the torso, the legs...armor is common to all...but for good combinations of total bronze you need all and in quantities!!! ;D ;D ;D

Remember the shop that gave me the dragon land castle as a present? Its closing down and they are selling all their playmobil in half price!!! I got myself 11 wolf knight yesterbay for only 45 euros!!!!

---edit----

on seond theought...they will still be Wolf Knights...on this time their armor will be totally bronze!!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 15:57:07 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 15:23:02 »
Well, I am trying to create the Bronze Knights!! Each wolf knight has only half parts of him in bronze...the torso, the legs...armor is common to all...but for good combinations of total bronze you need all and in quantities!!! ;D ;D ;D

Remember the shop that gave me the dragon land castle as a present? Its closing down and they are selling all their playmobil in half price!!! I got myself 11 wolf knight yesterbay for only 45 euros!!!!

They are a great resource for customising, providing bronzed armor and parts in many shapes.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 22:56:17 »
I like these Knights... to a point.
I think I would like them more if they offered more variety,
Or if these were all the leaders of a nation (or seperate nations)
And there were simpler figures to act as militia. :)

Other then that I like them fine! ;)

Cool pics WolfKnight, I can't wait to see your Bronze Knights! :o
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 04:52:48 »
I like these Knights... to a point.
I think I would like them more if they offered more variety,
Or if these were all the leaders of a nation (or seperate nations)
And there were simpler figures to act as militia. :)

Other then that I like them fine! ;)

Cool pics WolfKnight, I can't wait to see your Bronze Knights! :o

You are right WoT.. they all look like leaders...that is what i am trying to do with the Bronze Knights...build up clasees and numbers... Still, not ease to decide on a footsoldier!!!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2010, 06:39:10 »
You are right WoT.. they all look like leaders...that is what i am trying to do with the Bronze Knights...build up clasees and numbers... Still, not ease to decide on a footsoldier!!!

I think it's more that they look like equals. These guys are the A-Team of knights.  ;D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2010, 17:38:12 »
I think it's more that they look like equals. These guys are the A-Team of knights.  ;D

That is a fact Martin!!! Just bought another set of each!!! I am trying to work an a footman version....

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 04:36:35 »
So far I have 47 of sets 5888 and I am going out tomorrow to get the last 4 that I want to get for a total of 51 sets.

As there are 2 kllickies in each set, this will give me 2x 20 each of mounted knights and 2x 30 klicky each of foot units with 1 over-all mounted leader.  I might go as high as 52 sets to have a standard bearer with the Leader.  All together, it gives me an army of 104.

The extra 10 horses will go to other knights.  I wish Target and Toys R Us would carry more of the knight, Roman and Egyptian sets.

-- Don

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 06:55:35 »
So far I have 47 of sets 5888 and I am going out tomorrow to get the last 4 that I want to get for a total of 51 sets.

As there are 2 kllickies in each set, this will give me 2x 20 each of mounted knights and 2x 30 klicky each of foot units with 1 over-all mounted leader.  I might go as high as 52 sets to have a standard bearer with the Leader.  All together, it gives me an army of 104.

The extra 10 horses will go to other knights.  I wish Target and Toys R Us would carry more of the knight, Roman and Egyptian sets.

-- Don

Wow, that is a substantial investment in one set! I got 6-10 of the 5888, I rarely have more than 20 or so knights of one type, usually less.

It's always worth asking at TRU or Target if they have any more sets in the back room. I suspect they only put a few on the shelf at any one time, but would be happy to fetch more if you're buying them.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 07:15:17 »
These are serious numbers donmobil!!! congratulations  :D :D :D!!! now I am jealous!!! these blister packs must have a lower price then the boxed sets...