Author Topic: 4322 pickup truck  (Read 6574 times)

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
4322 pickup truck
« on: June 30, 2010, 22:09:44 »
There have been a number of good BINs going on eBay in the UK and this 4322 pickup truck was one of them.  It was brand new in sealed box and was offered at £17 plus  shipping.  I combined the shipping with another item and so in effect it only cost me £17, the same price as just the truck costs from UK DS.

So here we go with the box front:

then the reverse:

followed by the three side pictures:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4322 pickup truck
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 22:18:56 »
Now a look at the vehicle itself starting with a front view.  (The "oiling" on the screen is just the effect of using a polarising filter to cu down reflections).

The make of vehicle is what you want.  In the UK it will be a Ford, in Germany a Mercedes and so on.  Just as in real life, the rear body is finished in a different colour from the cab (usually a separate company or a separate factory of the manufacturer adds the rear body).  In the UK the colour of the rear body for this type of vehicle is often dark blue.

A three quarter front view now:

followed by a series of three quarter rear views showing the tipper body with tailboard up:

tailboard lowered:

and in the tipping position:

To end this post, a front view showing the tipper body raised and then a close-up showing the grey chequer plate finish on the top of the chassis:

I'll continue with the review tomorrow.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 14:21:45 »
We'll have a look at the cab next.

The whole of the cab roof pulls off for access, revealing a nicely detailed two seater cab with a space which will take a mobile 'phone or a two-way radio or a laptop between the seats.  The cab is fully glazed with windscreen and side windows.

Here's the dashboard:

The controls between the seat and the storage slot:

The slot being used for a mobile 'phone and laptop:

As you can see, our builder must be a law abiding person as the mobile is facing the passenger seat, suggesting that the passenger answers it if the vehicle is moving.

On the cab side there is a nicely printed logo for H & D (Harry and Dave maybe?) showing some of the tools of their trade.  The green in the logo picks up the green of the tipper body to pull the colour scheme of the vehicle together:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 14:32:00 by playmofire »

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 14:39:05 »
The set comes with a number of tools and other items for the building/joinery trade.  Here they are:

Here you see Harry (or is it Dave?) at work, using the planks and saw horses to make a basic work bench:

(One thing I forgot to mention was the grey towbar fitted to the truck, allowing a compressor, for example, to be towed to jobs.  This can be seen beyond the right hand end of the planks.)

The small tools fit easily into the steel tool box and the whole lot fit easily into the body of the rear tipper.  The brush and broom can be stowed so as to stabilise the ladder against the cab roof:

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 15:02:04 »
Summing up then.

This is a small set (for example, a wider range of accessories would be useful, e.g. a tool carrier and set of tools, and maybe a second figure) which has a potentially wide appeal.  For the construction fan it provides the type of vehicle used by the small scale construction industry tradesman on the one hand, but also a vehicle used by large construction companies too.  If the logo were removed stickers for P & M wouldn't look out of place on the vehicle.  For collectors of other modern themes, the set provides a useful item for detail in, say, a city street scene or a fire and rescue scene.   It would go nicely with the Compact building set and an extra supply of the building blocks which come with that set to make a mini-diorama in a larger scene.  For children, it offers plenty of play value, especially as it can be converted to RC.  However, the fact of the RC option maybe makes it a little oversize for the 1:22.5 or 1:24 scale.

For my part, I'm pleased with my buy.  I intend to provide some more tools (the tool carrier and a set of tools as I suggested above), plus may be an extra tub with some mortar in it (using Polyfilla), a vacuum flask and lunch box.

I hope you have enjoyed this review, and look forward to any comments you may have. 

Thank you for looking.   :wave:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 18:52:44 »
Thanks for the review.

I always liked the set - even though it's not my theme.
I guess it's familiar to everyone. You see them every day and everywhere...

Mighty tempted now ...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 19:28:04 »
Thanks for the review Gordon.  I have always liked this set too, but I never had it so thanks to your review it really makes me want to buy one now.

Thanks Gordon.

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 19:34:49 »
Not my theme, but a thorough review with gresat pictures, i really like the design and concept of this and these new playmobil modern tracks. Awww, and i didnt know, noticed that playmo mobiles existed ......   :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 20:07:37 »
Not my theme, but a thorough review with gresat pictures, i really like the design and concept of this and these new playmobil modern tracks. Awww, and i didnt know, noticed that playmo mobiles existed ......   :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

oh come on georginetto at least you don't know the first playmo vihicles? http://www.flickr.com/photos/anatchim/2773582083/
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 20:32:47 »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anatchim/2773582083/

again you are showing one of my favourite playmobil vehicles Alex!!!

Damo this is a great review!!! I like the modern design of these vehicle!!! very functional too!! Great pictures you showed us!!! Thank you very much!!!