Author Topic: New Figure - Sebastian Kneipp 70680  (Read 3614 times)

Online Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: New Figure - Sebastian Kneipp 70680
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 10:55:11 »
I kind of wonder why they gave him a barrel-cassock rather skirt-legs like they do for other church figures. Just to make him look bigger, or some other reason?

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 13:52:51 »
I just posted info on ordering in Germany. Yes, I'd be very much into a group order. I'd like at least 6, maybe 8! Thank you for offering, Frans.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 21:08:47 »

No international shipping (not even to other EU countries), as far as I can see...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 21:12:55 »
No international shipping (not even to other EU countries), as far as I can see...

Thank you Hadoque. I am sure playmobil fully agrees.

Will wait for a group purchase  0)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 18:57:18 »
When registering on the website, there is a drop-down list of countries..Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, The Netherlands, Italy.
So Belgians, Iberians, Brits, Irish, Scandinavians and Eastern Europeans need not apply...?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2021, 18:59:19 »
When registering on the website, there is a drop-down list of countries..Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, The Netherlands, Italy.

Ah, I didn't try to register... would only do that if actually ordering. Thank you :)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2021, 22:35:59 »

I had a look on  their "Versand und Zahlungsbedingungen" (terms of shipment and payment), and there they do not mention anything about orders from / shipping to outside Germany.
But putting an item in the shopping-basket  and going to check-out (before deleting the item again), reveals you can indeed order from (these) 6 EU-countries (7 including Germany itself), as Erik suggested earlier.
Weird - and very annoying - they ship to The Netherlands, France, Italy and even to Switzerland (a non-E.U. country), but not to neighboring E.U-countries like Belgium and Luxemburg.

Not shipping (anymore) to other E.U.-states seems to become 'trendy'. A few weeks ago, I was notified by one of the major toy-store chains in Germany that they will no longer ship to Belgium. Not the first store or company (and certainly not only with regard to toys) to do so.
So, one (or another, some would say) of the positive aspects of belonging to the E.U. - being able to have goods sent from another member-state to your own country without actually having to drive or fly to it - seems to evaporate slowly but steadily.
Seems "free traffic of goods" more and more applies only to companies, and increasingly less to citizens wanting to acquire goods.

Ah, I didn't try to register... would only do that if actually ordering.

As would most people, I guess.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 22:41:23 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2021, 23:11:56 »
Not shipping (anymore) to other E.U.-states seems to become 'trendy'.

Is that even legal?

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2021, 02:05:06 »
Is that even legal?

There's no legal obligation to sell people things, unless it discriminatory, and geographic location isn't considered to be that.

In this case it might be worth contacting them, though - it seems very strange not to include Benelux. Since no-one seems to have heard of him, it's possible that Kniepp is pretty niche and it's a small operation, so it could just be that the website isn't very well set up, or that they've only included countries they've shipped to previously.