Author Topic: Cuffs or no cuffs?  (Read 1980 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Cuffs or no cuffs?
« on: July 13, 2017, 23:47:30 »
Hey guys!
I recently (one hour ago) got my hands on a Special 4512, used, great condition, NO BOX.

But checking the box's pics on the web I see that in the front of the box the klicky has JUST ONE black cuff, but at the back, there are no cuffs.
So could someone who got it MINT confirm if it comes with or without cuffs? and if so, how many and what kind?
Thanks!!

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Cuffs or no cuffs?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 06:15:48 »
You'll notice that we can't see the photos because Photobucket has stopped those who use its free services directly linking to other websites.

If you now want to link directly with another website from Photobucket, you now have to pay for your Photobucket account.

As one user affected by this change, I certainly won't be paying for my Photobucket account as even the free account is poor value for money.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 07:50:53 »
Yes, I have been noticing that missing pics issue too...

As to the rocker, I don't recall any cuffs ever... but my poor tired head.. can't say for sure. I don't even remember if we ever got a mib one :-[

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 08:30:10 »
I don't have 3516 MIB. The front of the box shows him wearing a black cuff (the other wrist is not visible), the back shows no cuffs. I think the cuffs would be these, but I am not really sure if he had them or not!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 10:58:58 »
You'll notice that we can't see the photos because Photobucket has stopped those who use its free services directly linking to other websites.

If you now want to link directly with another website from Photobucket, you now have to pay for your Photobucket account.

As one user affected by this change, I certainly won't be paying for my Photobucket account as even the free account is poor value for money.

OH wow... I didn't know that! Do that apply for old photos too? Nothing I've ever posted is seen??  :0 :0 :0 :0 :0
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 10:59:47 »
I don't have 3516 MIB. The front of the box shows him wearing a black cuff (the other wrist is not visible), the back shows no cuffs. I think the cuffs would be these, but I am not really sure if he had them or not!

Thanks Graham, I thought it was that kind of cuff. Anyway, the mistery continues....

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 12:20:31 »
OH wow... I didn't know that! Do that apply for old photos too? Nothing I've ever posted is seen??  :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

Yes.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 19:14:00 »
That Photobucket issue is terrible! Mine old ones here are still showing (or is it the cache?) but I guess it's curtain for me too like it is for tonguello.  :'(

Are there any free alternatives?

Best wishes
StJohn

PS: No idea about the cuff(s), sorry.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 13:27:02 »
That Photobucket issue is terrible! Mine old ones here are still showing (or is it the cache?) but I guess it's curtain for me too like it is for tonguello.  :'(

Are there any free alternatives?

I agree!

I started a new topic on this issue:http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=16244.0

I assumed all users of free Photobucket accounts would be affected, so I don't know why your images still show, StJohn. I don't think it's because of caching of images, I got them up on a tablet computer by looking at your post history, plenty of pictures still there! Perhaps it's a question of how many links you have (not reached Photobucket's Execution Threshold yet?). You don't have a paid Photobucket account?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 16:45:44 »
Hi Gaston!
I don't have that fellow MIB but I may have the next best thing.  Here he is in a sealed cellophane packet that must have been included as a gift when I ordered a certain dollar amount from Playmobil.  I have no memory of when that would have been but there is a mini-catalog dated 2000 in the pack.  To complicate matters, he comes with not none, not 1, but 2 black cuffs which seem to be of the basic plain variety.  Whether this is consistent with the boxed 4512 Special is anyone's guess, especially considering how often there are missing and/or extra parts in sets.   ::)   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts