Author Topic: New additions to our playmo-barn  (Read 32125 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: New additions to our playmo-barn
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2015, 08:47:04 »
:) Why so many kryptonite chunks? Lots?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2015, 13:54:45 »
:) Why so many kryptonite chunks? Lots?

The boys hoard them more than playmo gold. It's basically the source of all the fighting in our playmo world.  ::) I was thinking that if I flooded the world with an abundance of treasure they might ease up on the conflicts. Supply and demand.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2015, 16:08:24 »
The boys hoard them more than playmo gold. It's basically the source of all the fighting in our playmo world.  ::) I was thinking that if I flooded the world with an abundance of treasure they might ease up on the conflicts. Supply and demand.

Haha, that is great! :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2015, 19:10:24 »

started buying from a wholesaler...

Now that sounds intriguing... Maltese perhaps?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2015, 19:33:28 »
Now that sounds intriguing... Maltese perhaps?

Well wouldn't that be the place to go. The weird thing is the amount this person has and why it has a funny moldy dirt on some of it? The seller is not interested in answering any specific questions, just vague answers, oh and that he is a "collector". That's just great, associate yourself with the collecting community, thats what we need to be know for.

Rather than trying to keep track of new theme images on the web perhaps geobra should try a little harder on keeping track of their trucks? Just saying.....very fish...and not the first time
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2015, 08:21:34 »
I don't think I could wait so long before unpacking, but we do have a lot of rain... Great collection
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2015, 09:00:37 »
I was drooling over that picture :inlove: 

I like your supply and demand strategy! My sisters and I only stopped with the conflicts when we were all past puberty, I'm afraid.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2019, 17:44:56 »
Well now that I am back from a few year hiatus I needed to do some serious catching up.
I did not know whitch tread to post this in

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=11951.0

Or

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=15152.0

So here are a few old links

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2019, 17:58:28 »
So basically I was contacted by St. Playmo-Clause (alias) and a dream come true began to materialize.

I quickly began making preparations for the new addition .

I called a trucking company, who would deliver an 18wheller trailer , I load it, they drive it back to California. Price $8000 ...ouch

I called the train freight company, I load it up on pallets, deliver it to their freight yard , I pick it up at the California freight yard . Price $4000... still ouch

I called Uhaul, and asked for a one way moving truck, I load, I drive home....price $2500....better but I know I can do better.

I then remembered a Formula 1 driver who bought a truck company for advertising, I called... one way truck , 11 days, unlimited miles ...$820...perfect

Now an air line ticket , checked online $550 ...no way

I called my friends mom who is a corporate travel agent for CEO’s .... she found an all nighter for $130... awesome

Now I have a week to prepare.

I looked on local classified ads and found a 5th wheel caravan for free. I brought it home, one of my sons and I gutted it and put in shelves. My wife leaked proofed the roof.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2019, 18:10:34 »
So on a Tuesday night I flew out, flew till Wednesday morning. Slept every chance I could on the plane. Unfortunately I misunderstood how many time zones I was traveling through and only got to sleep 1 hour on the first flight and 3 hours on the second .

I arrived 3000 miles away from home at 5 am , had breakfast, took a cab to the truck companies yard and by 7 was driving to my pick up location .

Arrived a beautiful home of a wonderful family. He showed me the loot and I began packing. By 10 am I was ready to hit the road .

I drove from Mid Florida trough Louisiana, through Texas, through New Mexico, through Arizona, cut through part of Nevada and up to Northern California.

I had a severe winter storm moving in on me while I was to pass the mountains so I hauled ass.

I had 3000 miles to cover by myself in a BIG moving truck. I drove until I got tired at around 11 pm, took a 3 hour power nap, got up and drove until the sun was coming up , which made me tired so I took a 1 hour power nap. Then drive till 11 pm again,

3000 miles in 58 hours going the max the truck would go 72/mph and I was the slow one, 18 wheelers do 80 + until California where they only go 55. ( expensive tickets)