Poll

who likes these new monkeys ?

yes i like them
no i don't

Author Topic: who likes these new monkeys ?  (Read 7924 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: who likes these new monkeys ?
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 00:03:26 »
I like them very much! They're just a different kind of monkey, or well, primate. Orangutans are actually apes not monkeys. (Okay, I'm a geek. :-[) Anyway, I think the adult is really cute and looks very much like a real orang! The baby could be more posable, but the pose it is in is very lifelike and I think it's cute.

The old ones you're referring to are the spider monkeys, I guess? http://playmodb.org/setpics/7897.jpg

yes apes sorry  :doh: i prefer this one:
 and from monkeys i like the old ones better :
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 00:07:36 »
Oh yes, the gorilla and the chimps! The gorilla is adorable! :love: I do wish they had a smaller remale, though, rather than just a silverback male. I think the chimps are really cute, but they don't look enough like chimps. Wrong colours, and chimps don't naturally stand upright very often. They only walk around on two feet if humans have trained them to do that.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 00:08:46 »
I like them too. :love:

Maybe, in time, they'll grow on you Alex.

perhaps ..

:lol: Probably so! But that's what older males look like!

are you refering to someone from PF? :giggle: ;D
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 00:10:20 »
 :lol: Not unless one of our members is covered in red body hair!
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 00:10:50 »
regarding the chimps - i think it's the simplicity they originally designed them with, Bonnie.
I actually do like them, but i wish their head could move further up when they're on 4 feet
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 00:11:42 »
Oh yes, the gorilla and the chimps! The gorilla is adorable! :love: I do wish they had a smaller remale, though, rather than just a silverback male. I think the chimps are really cute, but they don't look enough like chimps. Wrong colours, and chimps don't naturally stand upright very often. They only walk around on two feet if humans have trained them to do that.

you know a lot about gorilas bonnie  :o you work to the zoo?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 00:14:44 »
regarding the chimps - i think it's the simplicity they originally designed them with, Bonnie.
I actually do like them, but i wish their head could move further up when they're on 4 feet
Yeah, that's basically the only problem. I pose them doing the ape walk as they are, but they're always looking at the ground. Only other thing is I wish they were black all over, but they wouldn't look as appealing that way, probably. Honestly, I think real chimps are very creepy looking and I'm afraid of them. So PM's version is cuter!

you know a lot about gorilas bonnie  :o you work to the zoo?

No, I just spend a LOT of time there. I loooove learning about animals!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 00:16:35 »
:lol: Not unless one of our members is covered in red body hair!

No, I just spend a LOT of time there. I loooove learning about animals!

can you buy one and take it home? i guess that's illegal right?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 00:18:45 »
Yeah, that's basically the only problem. I pose them doing the ape walk as they are, but they're always looking at the ground. Only other thing is I wish they were black all over, but they wouldn't look as appealing that way, probably. Honestly, I think real chimps are very creepy looking and I'm afraid of them. So PM's version is cuter!

some chimps do have flesh-colored faces (young ones i think?) and i think they look kind of cute like that, maybe that particular type of money was PM's inspiration

their face could be light brown/purple-ish to make it more realistic, but then again they wouldn't be as cute as they've always been
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 00:23:33 »
Have you ever seen a pygmy marmoset? So cute  :love:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmy_marmoset
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil!