Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 202806 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #2420 on: March 01, 2021, 17:40:34 »
Good evening dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

I always have fun transforming the set of New Regent St into a winter wonderland for Christmas but you can imagine the work involved in the spring cleaning of the artificial snow that I use, very realistic but which requires 4 hours of meticulous deep cleaning of the set. Once cleaned, I then proceeded to the deep cleaning of the room dedicated to my Playmo world.

I invite you to follow the new adventures of my little victorians in springtime starting with Rupert the Cat about to embark on a ride to London, then a celebration of the international day of home pets, a watercolour version of the picture depicting Heidi with yummy cakes and sweets and finally a cart outing to fruits and vegetables market  ;)

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2421 on: March 01, 2021, 17:46:44 »
Good evening dear Friends  :wave:

Happy 1st of March to you and your families  :love:

I have rarely waited for springtime like this year with the return of long sunny days in a nature at is most beautiful and plentiful.

I invite you to follow the latest tribulations of my little victorians starting with a celebrations of springtime vegetables, bluebells and tulips, then a little spring cart outing, a watercolour type picture of an evening depicting a French dinner and dance evening, the spring summer collection at Harrods London and finally a celebration of the strawberry  ;)

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2422 on: March 01, 2021, 17:47:44 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2423 on: March 01, 2021, 17:48:57 »

Wishing you a great evening  :)

Karim :gent:

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2424 on: March 02, 2021, 00:45:17 »
Wow those photos are beautiful. I’d really enjoy learning your techniques for lighting. Also, do you have a particular camera you would recommend for taking photos such as these? If you can stomach any more questions, what is the source of the delicious fruits and vegetables in these pictures? They look great. Every picture is so full of life : )

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2425 on: March 20, 2021, 03:07:35 »
Good morning dear Friend  :wave:

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

I work mostly with daylight with a diorama set next to a bay window in the room dedicated to my Playmobil collection and only add a couple of table lamps if I need an extra lighting, so I keep things simple.

I use a CANON Coolpix A100 camera which is not only affordable but really easy to use with satisfactory results.

I always aim at creating scenes that are fresh, happy and colourful reminiscent of a certain idea of childhood as far as my memory can remember it  :love:

I really wish that the picture hosting sites I have used since I first started this thread over 10 years ago had not shut down as I meticulously detailed my work in photographic tutorials but "c'est la Vie mon Ami  :)"!

I work on a 1/12th scale which is only compatible if one uses the smaller items available ie plates and so on.

I make most of my mini food since one of my favourite character is Mrs Applepie, a Pastry Chef  :lol: and the rest has been purchased over the years and still look amazingly good even after 10 years for certain pieces.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2426 on: March 20, 2021, 03:19:45 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are well.

Like many of you, I am really looking forward to the first warm and sunny Springtime days in a nature blooming with colours and life.

I invite you to discover the latest tribulations of my little victorians who celebrated the famous Bridgerton Chronicles on Netflix, then visited a fashion studio before celebrating the international women day, enjoy a very British high tea, sending a postcard of their crossing of the Atlantic to New York aboard the Cunard Line's Mauretania ship and finally a very Irish celebration of St Patrick's Day  ;)

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2427 on: March 20, 2021, 03:20:51 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2428 on: March 20, 2021, 03:24:34 »

I wish you all a great week end and a lovely Springtime  :*) :cloud9:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2429 on: March 24, 2021, 21:09:43 »
Happy Springtime to all  :wave:

I hope that you are all well and keeping safe.

We will welcome the first warmer days of Springtime this week-end with great relief after a long winter.

I invite you to follow the latest tribulations of my little Victorians busy making homemade strawberry ice cream and most importantly enjoy it in the New Regent St gardens  :cloud9:

Enjoy Springtime  :wave:

Karim  :gent: