Author Topic: Dino Rise  (Read 686 times)

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
Dino Rise
« on: May 21, 2021, 11:55:49 »
They're launched today - but what do people think of them? I've shared a few thoughts on my blog. My main problem with these sorts of themes is that they stifle creativity in play by defining the character of the klicky or set. Brandstätter are franchising their own cartoon to do this, which is pretty pathetic when you think about it. By contrast, in a series like Playmo High, or in those one-off movies, they took existing klickies/sets and put them to imaginative use.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Dino Rise
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 16:44:04 »
I am a huge dino fan, but not a fan of this theme. I would rather they spent all the money that went into new molds for the cyber gear worn by the dinosaurs to create molds for new dino species instead. Every dino in the theme is a repaint of existing molds. There is so much variety in known dino species these days they could have done something really interesting. Instead they give us the same pig with different lipstick.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 19:12:48 »
I believe these were discussed a lot when pics appeared. Not gonna repeat myself (much) - dinos are gorgeous (WANT!), could do without the mech stuff.. armors are silly, and kinda ugly. Well, they ARE junk right? :P

Worse, the klickys have the horrid useless bodies, so my excitement was short lived.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 21:36:18 »
Don't miss this custom medieval ship linked in the blog! https://emma-j1066.blogspot.com/2014/08/medieval-cog-ship-thomas.html
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: