Author Topic: Playmobil Vans  (Read 3421 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Playmobil Vans
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 12:40:54 »
Thank you for this comprehensive review, Graham.  You do spoil us with these offerings, and tempt us too!

I wonder why they never had a fire engine in the range?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 09:43:55 »
Perhaps the van shape doesn't really work for a Fire Engine, which must have a ladder (at least in popular imagination!). I guess this is the Fire and Rescue Services vehicle contemporary with the vans:

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 15:55:35 »
The van shape is basically VW Tranporter type and this was used in Germany by fire brigades.  It wouldn't have taken much to produce a roof which could take a ladder (say a school bus with no rear roof lights and a solid roof) and combine with a suitable interior.  Bearing in  mind the popularity of the fire brigade in Germany, real and Playmobil, I'm sure it would have sold.

Reading your post, I suddenly remembered that there had been a fire brigade version, not by Playmobil themselves but by Antex.  Here it is:

https://www.klickypedia.com/sets/13252-ant-firemen-and-truck/

Pretty basic but a changed roof would have allowed better ladders, the side windows at the rear could have been blocked in the same way as with the racing support van/3NNN ambulances and job one.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 17:03:35 »
Reading your post, I suddenly remembered that there had been a fire brigade version, not by Playmobil themselves but by Antex. 

Oh it's sooo cute! Antex and the likes do have some great variations  :love:

@GrahamB:
Maybe you should do this with the motorcycles? I got a huge bunch of motorcycle parts, but several of my attempts to make a whole thing have been thwarted. There seems to be a gazillion different ones...
(my wallet is already cursing and in pre-fits)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2021, 12:56:54 »
The addresses on the 24 letters (I only have 23, I think the missing one may be Antex in Argentina) and 8 small parcels include many of the international companies licensed to produce their own Playmobil sets in 1978.

I found an eBay listing with address number 24; "Foly's S.A., Panama 5, Panama" here. Not Antex then (unless there are more than 24).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)