Author Topic: New Figure - Sebastian Kneipp 70680  (Read 3619 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
New Figure - Sebastian Kneipp 70680
« on: March 09, 2021, 14:58:06 »
"New figure available from Kneipp Verlag from the end of April." Sebastian Kneipp

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: New Figure - Sebastian Kneipp 70680
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 15:17:13 »
They're coming thick and fast this week!

Is this a new body type? I'll admit I had never heard of Kneipp, but a priest in full cassock must have a lot of uses for people (even if he, sadly, can never sit down  :lol:)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 15:23:20 »
They're coming thick and fast this week!

Yepper! I hope we can figure out where to get him; I want a bunch to give to my priest friends.  :lol:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 16:46:36 »
Is this a new body type? I'll admit I had never heard of Kneipp, but a priest in full cassock must have a lot of uses for people (even if he, sadly, can never sit down  :lol:)

No, it's Stoick The Vast's torso... maybe even ragged and all?

I see customs potential.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 18:04:49 »
What is going on with that dog? Badly colored with pen?  The black mark on the head? Want the figure of course, if for no other reason than to see what the dog really looks like

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 18:37:16 »
The "Kneipp" online-shop only sells and posts to 5 or 6 countries.Just so you guys know.
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 19:27:52 »
The "Kneipp" online-shop only sells and posts to 5 or 6 countries.Just so you guys know.

Can you please tell me where did you see that? I found nothing  :-[ ::)

Maybe a group order?

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 20:56:32 »
Thanks! If only because now I know why the Kneipp Verein in our street is called what it is! (It's a place organising walking trips). I hadn't heard of Sebastian Kneipp before.

... maybe even ragged and all?

I bet you it is. No new parts are ever commissioned for exclusive sets, just colour and print variants. Mozart's wig is the one and only exception.

Can you please tell me where did you see that? I found nothing  :-[ ::)

Maybe a group order?

I don't necessarily want one of these but don't mind doing another group order, provided I get to know where one can obtain them. I won't be entering the Kneipp Verein, I tell you, and would be quite surprised if this exclusive ends up Playmobil's own web shop. Sebastian Kneipp is just ... too niche.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 21:00:06 »
I don't necessarily want one of these but don't mind doing another group order, provided I get to know where one can obtain them. I won't be entering the Kneipp Verein, I tell you, and would be quite surprised if this exclusive ends up Playmobil's own web shop. Sebastian Kneipp is just ... too niche.

I never heard of the guy either. Nice parts... we'll see.

Supposedly it will be on the site? But I didn't find any international shipping..

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 09:23:58 »
Sebastian Kneipp is just ... too niche.

Like Schiller and (especially) Erhard before him. Yes I know I'm an ignoramus, but I wish the people commemorated were more widely known. Even limiting the choice to Germany and Austria, there must be a dozen composers (for example) who are better known than these three (I've said that before.) At least each composer could be featured holding a musical instrument rather than just (as with writers) a pen!

But, of course, many promo figures are commissioned by people who are interested in a particular historical person, however obscure.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)