Author Topic: My old Klickies  (Read 2777 times)

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
Re: My old Klickies
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 08:54:15 »
Hi All,

I'm glad everyone's enjoyed these so much.

Most of the 'credit' (if the word really applies here) for their survival probably ought to go to my mother, and the slight 'pack-rat' tendencies I clearly inherited from her. And the fact that my mother has a house with a large enough attic that throwing away toys like these was never necessary. The only thing I wish I'd done was keep the boxes.

Actually, I did keep the boxes for many of the Lego sets I acquired as a child (this was after I migrated away from Playmobil). Happily, those never got thrown away, either, and over the past year or two, I managed to sell those boxed Lego sets for a tidy little sum. Which money, of course, got almost immediately spent on Playmobil  :yup:

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 04:58:56 »
andrew
thank you for showing your collection, and thank you for crediting your mom and her "pack-rat" habits.  my mother threw out my precious shoe box of beatle cards collected in the early 60s so as a mom i vowed never to throw out any of my children's (now ages 32 and 30) favorite toys, at least not without their permission.  little did i know that after we moved five years ago that i would be the one rediscovering all of the playmobil and adding to the collection myself.  by the way, my son's legos, transformers and other things are safely packed away, filling the shelves in our basement, along with countless other vintage "collectible" toys.  that's what a mom's basement is for!!!
kaethe

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 07:29:30 »
My mom and dad always threw away my toys as a child.   :(  That's probably why I am such a pack rat today.  Unfortunately, I do not have a whole lot of space to store all my stuff.   :P
CARPE KLICKY!