Author Topic: What are the UK P&P charges for DS orders?  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
What are the UK P&P charges for DS orders?
« on: April 20, 2009, 10:45:58 »

I asked the UK branch for a quote on certain parts and was given the total cost including P&P. I'm curious to know how much the DS charge for the P&P because the cost seems very high for just 4 parts. Is it the same as the cost for ordering stuff from the official UK site - £6.00?

In the past I always ordered parts in very large amounts, so I never had to pay any P&P. Someone here wrote that the P&P on parts is free when you order over a certain amount. Could someone please advise what the actual threshold is?

I'd write back to the DS and ask them but they took such a long time to give me a quote that I'd probably be waiting yet another week for them to answer to this question.... especially since I did ask for a quote without shipping costs in the first place!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: What are the UK P&P charges for DS orders?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 13:49:12 »
I spoke to them this morning about an order of 123 and they said £3.75, but I was surprised to see it was £6 when I ordered online (although, in fact, it was nothing as there is an offer of free p and p this week for online orders from the catalogue).  Certainly, in the past it's been £3.75 and this is also quoted in the DS catalogue for post, fax and telephone orders, but you are referred to the website for online delivery charges.  The threshold for free delivery on parts was in the £30 region but may have gone up recently to £50.  However, I am about to send an order in and so if you want you can add your four parts to it I will then post them on to you (I'm pretty certain my order will be foc.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:06:37 »

Hi Gordon! :wave:

... I am about to send an order in and so if you want you can add your four parts to it I will then post them on to you (I'm pretty certain my order will be foc.)

Thank you very much for the kind offer, but I'm not 100% certain I want to order the parts yet - not until I've discerned their actual cost.

I have a long list of other bits and pieces (going back about a year) which I want to get at the same time, so I think that I can qualify for the free P&P too. :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:41:28 »
Hi Gordon! :wave:

Thank you very much for the kind offer, but I'm not 100% certain I want to order the parts yet - not until I've discerned their actual cost.

I have a long list of other bits and pieces (going back about a year) which I want to get at the same time, so I think that I can qualify for the free P&P too. :)

Hi Sylvia, no problem.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”