Author Topic: WORST SET EVER?  (Read 25096 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: WORST SET EVER?
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 21:33:38 »
if i understand you right richard you love the landscape and hate the tree-house.  ???
... or maybe you just hate the fact that a new construction system is proposed by playmobil - making it difficult to turn its pieces into parts of a modular-construction system?  :)
i think you are maybe being a little unfair with the poor tree-house, naming it as the "worst ever" set.  :hmm:
do you really think the 3059 etnische figuren from 1996 (image taken from collectobil) can be considered better?
in my oppinion, even worse than this set's lousy color-scheme for the clothing is its name and what it might reveal of playmobil's "regional" short-sightedness.
 :(
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 21:43:15 »

Sure it's supposed to be a tree house ... but, it's supposed to be for adults to live in!

There's no comparison between this two-walled mini-structure and the beautiful Steck System Safari House (5759) that was released not that long ago.

Look at the difference!
This is one of the main reasons why this Tree House set may qualify for "The Worst of Playmobil"

see attachments

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 21:57:52 »
well ricchard, i must confess i like both of them, both having that robinson-crusoe-esque image that i love.  :-[
maybe if you take a closer look at the tree house you can see that it is actually a shelter, protecting human clickies from that 2 very dangerous new-species-for-science tropical jungle wolves that lie underneath it.
  ;)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2008, 22:07:11 »

Hello, Cachalote ...

if i understand you right richard you love the landscape and hate the tree-house.  ???
... or maybe you just hate the fact that a new construction system is proposed by playmobil - making it difficult to turn its pieces into parts of a modular-construction system? :)

Yes and yes! I love the landscape and I am very disappointed in Playmobil for not taking advantage of an excellent opportunity to finally give us a transition between Steck and X.

Instead, they created an entirely new building system. I am actually more than disappointed with Playmobil, I'm furious with them. I ask again, "What were they thinking?"

i think you are maybe being a little unfair with the poor tree-house, naming it as the "worst ever" set.  :hmm:

Unfair? This tree house set is a nightmare from designer's hell! It could have been a beautiful addition to anyone's collection as well as to a child's playroom floor.

The weak little tabs will soon break off making some child cry and hate Playmobil. Steck doesn't break. Steck buildings and castles will be passed on to children and grand children. This tree house building will be passed on to the dustbin and trash heap. These terrible designers from Zirndorf have created plastic garbage for a Playmobil land-fill!

do you really think the 3059 etnische figuren from 1996 (image taken from collectobil) can be considered better?
in my oppinion, even worse than this set's lousy color-scheme for the clothing is its name and what it might reveal of playmobil's "regional" short-sightedness.  :(

It will be interesting to see what other members nominate for "Playmobil's Worst."

But, as I said in the beginning, this is just my opinion, Cachalote.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 22:22:18 »

Well, this "review" has turned into a bit of a rant ...  :-[

There are lots of little pieces with both versions of this set. There are some canned goods, a very nice folding yellow chair, some great trees and a splendid landscape piece.

The set that I have is 5746 and I do feel somewhat cheated that it didn't contain the euro version's "zip wire" ...

Well ... I think that it's about time for me to jump into my little bi-plane and fly off into the sunset.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 01:36:12 »
You see, Richard,

I don't think the set to be so bad as that, I mean ... there's a lot of very nice & useful bits, animals, tree & nature parts ...

I agree in what concerns the klickys' dressing style though.

I don't know if this is the worst. But, in a way, I'm new in Playmobil.

(I also still can't give an opinion on Steck or X systems ... [Or recognize this one as a third system ... It "looks" like X, to me. But ...])

[Oops! ;D I posted an answer and after that, i realized that there was a "page 2" in the thread :lol:

So, the pictures are very clarifying in what concerns systems, even to me.]

G.
:blackhair:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:48:23 by Gustavo »
Gus

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 02:03:49 »

Thanks for your comments, Gus ..

Yeah ... This topic went to two pages very quickly!

I apologize for not answering you regarding the banana tree.

Playmobil has not really made a banana tree. Regardless of what Playmobil thinks or says, I have decided that the plant with the gorilla is a type of bromeliad. ...  :klickywink:

see attachment

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 02:12:47 »

Thanks for your comments, Gus ..

Yeah ... This topic went to two pages very quickly!

I apologize for not answering you regarding the banana tree.

Playmobil has not really made a banana tree. Regardless of what Playmobil thinks or says, I have decided that the plant with the gorilla is a type of bromeliad. ...  :klickywink:

see attachment

(& The gorilla's very useful! :lol: ; cool, master Rich! I've been stumbling here in posts ... You just answered now, and I had to edit this one :lol: It's nice to be here at the same time as you ... :) )

Coming back to the topic :D,

It isn't a "worst set", but I would elect as the worst ... uhm ... "building" (?) the giant mushroom :0 of the bunnies 4455! It's VERY UGLY :( , there's absolutely no use for that >:( but letting it aside for Smurfs/Strumpfs, which I have none anymore (nor intend to) ... Even so, it would be a very bad version of the original ones ... Maybe a kind of a trap, thought by Gargamel >:( ! ... Or maybe some sort of mushroom depo in a forgotten corner of their village :hmm: -- Oh, imagination! ;D

However, probably as a child (until my ... say ... 12 to 13 years old), I'd possibly (I believe I'd actually) like even that! :P

:lol:

& I happen to love the new bunnies treehouse ... It's a kind of a perfect set to me! I intend to get one, as soon as priorities allow! :yup:

blackhair G.
Gus

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 02:32:59 »

I also like the bunny house. It looks like a "hobbit hole." I think that it would be perfect for fantasy stories.

It could be a home for fairies, dwarfs, hobbits or elfs.

see attachments.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 02:33:56 »

Here's another picture ...

see attachment