General > Mystery Figures Series

70638 + 70639 Figures 23

(1/4) > >>

tahra:
70638 + 70639 Figures 23

Review at playkingdoms: Figures 23 (direct link)

As usual, somewhat late...  :-[

Let me know what I missed ;)

CrimsonCleaver:
As always amazing detailed reviews, thank you so much.

I find it pretty crazy how the skeleton cowboy has something so hidden!

Tiermann:
Great review! There always seems to be one or two interesting details that don't show up in the promo artwork.
I still haven't managed to get this series yet. The local store I have been ordering the figures sets through since they were first created has stopped carrying Playmobil and I am having to source elsewhere. I have to admit I haven't been trying super hard as it's not the most creative series they've done. A few figures I would like to have but nothing that is a must have for me this time out.

StJohn:
A great read! Thank you for doing this.

--- Quote from: tahra on April 15, 2023, 15:12:02 ---As usual, somewhat late...  :-[

--- End quote ---

I think you are catching up! They were only released ... late January, I believe? Quick turnover! :)9

Despite your disclaimer, I think you are getting mellow. In my eyes, this was a very poor series, and I am not alone: Your images are the first of some figures that I have seen – in other forums, people just don't show them, unappealing as most of them are. Yet, you bring out the highlights, diligently showing the strengths of each and every one of them. A labour of love, if you ask me.

All I got was Viking and Garden Gnome, both for parts. And I did get a Warrior, but really do not like him much. That's it. The feeling is strange. :-[

The biggest shock I'm taking away from your survey is that apparently the leaflets are individual to the figure? :o Is that correct? That makes the challenge for reselling complete used figures (that is: including leaflet) so much harder! Luckily I hardly bought any, so nothing to sell off in the future.

--- Quote from: CrimsonCleaver on April 15, 2023, 18:47:43 ---I find it pretty crazy how the skeleton cowboy has something so hidden!

--- End quote ---

Not as crazy as the Orc of Series 19, who, because of his helmet, was only revealed to be a Orc after opening a bag!! Great surprise, but what a bad sales pitch.

StJohn:

--- Quote from: Tiermann on April 15, 2023, 21:25:17 ---I still haven't managed to get this series yet. The local store I have been ordering the figures sets through since they were first created has stopped carrying Playmobil and I am having to source elsewhere. I have to admit I haven't been trying super hard as it's not the most creative series they've done. A few figures I would like to have but nothing that is a must have for me this time out.

--- End quote ---

Tim: are you still going to keep Fi?ures at Animobil up to date?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version