Author Topic: 70159 + 70160 Figures 16  (Read 4700 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
70159 + 70160 Figures 16
« on: March 25, 2020, 19:29:11 »
70159 + 70160 Figures 16

Review at playkingdoms: Figures 16 (direct link)

Even later than usual.  :-[

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
Re: 70159 + 70160 Figures 16
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 11:11:34 »
Great Tahra, as always! Gorgeous customs too  :love:
(I know I've been silent......PM following soon!)
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 11:24:25 »
I always look forward to your F?gures review. There's more in this theme that I want than I thought I would. So many lovely klickies!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 13:33:46 »
Great – something to read tonight! One remark from my first glance: 1. Cello Player – I think he plays the contrabass. 8}

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 15:54:29 »
Great Tahra, as always! Gorgeous customs too  :love:
(I know I've been silent......PM following soon!)

Thank you ;)  And I expect a flurry of posts coming from your ways soon...  ;D

I always look forward to your F?gures review. There's more in this theme that I want than I thought I would. So many lovely klickies!

Thank you... Sometimes, I REALLY I do wonder what were they thinking. FRITZ TOMÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ!!!

Great – something to read tonight! One remark from my first glance: 1. Cello Player – I think he plays the contrabass. 8}

Uhm... I know nothing of these, saw that name somewhere  :-[

To me it's a big big violin  :P

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 20:36:49 »
To me it's a big big violin  :P

Actually, there is no PM cello. Perhaps because it would be impossible to position one between a klicky's legs.

Finished reading your review, which I much enjoyed. Many, many thanks for your observations (many of which I had missed) and for the permanent record. It wasn't a great series, though, but I agree that the Asian lady is very nice.

The green hands on the winged weirdo (Boys 4) are unfortunate. I have an inkling that there are huge reserves out there at Malta, and that Figures are sometimes specifically designed to use up old stock. The head is great, though (even when print quality varies considerably). I turned him into the lord of Dragon Towers:

The "windvane" on the top of the knight's helmet (Boys 8) in grey was found before in 5978: 30 22 0152 - Crest for helmet, falcon with wings spread.

The wolf hat and bear skin on the hunter (Boys 9) fit perfectly, inadvertently creating the impression that he caught one hell of a big wolf!  :lol:

The review is dated August 2019, and you're only alerting us now?

Browsing your site I can across the account of the creation of Boomer Click, which I found strangely touching. Thank you for that.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 21:23:03 »
Actually, there is no PM cello. Perhaps because it would be impossible to position one between a klicky's legs.

From wikepedia: Contrabass

While the term most commonly refers to the double bass (which is the bass instrument in the orchestral string family, tuned lower than the cello), many other instruments in the contrabass register exist.

Is it a double bass, then? Googling it, that is what I got: wikipedia link

I want to correct the name..

Finished reading your review, which I much enjoyed. Many, many thanks for your observations (many of which I had missed) and for the permanent record. It wasn't a great series, though, but I agree that the Asian lady is very nice.

Thank you :)  And thank you for the feedback!

The green hands on the winged weirdo (Boys 4) are unfortunate. I have an inkling that there are huge reserves out there at Malta, and that Figures are sometimes specifically designed to use up old stock.

Like THAT hair?  :P

The head is great, though (even when print quality varies considerably). I turned him into the lord of Dragon Towers:

Yes, it is :) And that one looks great!

The "windvane" on the top of the knight's helmet (Boys 8) in grey was found before in 5978:
30 22 0152 - Crest for helmet, falcon with wings spread.

Again, thank you - I will add that.

The review is dated August 2019, and you're only alerting us now?

I had taken the pics and made my comments then.. but only finished handling the pics (that I hate) now... I decided to keep the original date. Have movie S2 and s17 to do too... But those no pics taken yet, so..

Browsing your site I can across the account of the creation of Boomer Click, which I found strangely touching. Thank you for that.

Thank you :)  (he says "thank you too")

Actually, he turned 8 recently...  :love:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 00:48:16 »
It's definitely a double bass because the klicky is clearly a jazz musician and the double bass is used in jazz (the cello is not).  :2c:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 07:21:56 »
It's definitely a double bass because the klicky is clearly a jazz musician and the double bass is used in jazz (the cello is not).  :2c:

Right... Besides knowing nothing of musical instruments.. I... strongly dislike jazz.   :-[

edit: Fixed it!   Thank you :)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:31:41 by tahra »

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 07:26:29 »
Cellos are much smaller. I always considered Playmobil's 'violin' to be a viola because of the sizing.  ;)