Author Topic: Ghostbusters 9223 and 9224  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Tacbe

• Playmo Enthusiast
Ghostbusters 9223 and 9224
« on: April 27, 2017, 15:25:17 »
Got my hands in Spain on two Ghostbusters sets:
- 9223 Venkam and Terror Dog;
- 9224 Spegler and Ghost.

Both sets feautures the so called:
- detachable proton pack and proton wand accessory;
- opening ghost trap;
- PKE meter for measuring psychokinetic energy.

Before writing a review I always like to see how my kids react on the new sets. In this case they were quick to combine the sets with the 4875 Top agents headquarters, the Giant Troll and glow in the dark ghost. The proton  wand accessory was the way to attack them. They love the ghost trap. Its small, but opens nicely.
The Ghostbusters got their name on their uniforms, so remembering was easy for them.

The Terrordogs (my personal favorite) are mean looking creatures with there red eyes and wide spread legs. We all find the designers did a great great job here. The walki talkie in set 9224 has in our opinion no added value besides increasing the number of items in the box.

The glow in the dark klicky of set 9224 I don't like much but the kids were spending a lot of time in the dark with him. The  proton wand accessory with the proton beam detached makes up a great new gun. Together with the detachable proton pack they are a great addition to the Top agents and Future planet theme.

Overall a nice addition to our growing Playmobil collection.

Playmobil will not tire, it will not falter and it will not fail

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Ghostbusters 9223 and 9224
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 16:50:50 »
Those look like a lot of fun, I am looking forward to getting them when they come out here.

Do the terror dogs have horns that come out? Separate pieces? There is a part number for them but it seems odd they would be inserted instead of molded on.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 17:05:25 »
Thanks for the preview - I LOVE the doggies...

The weapons seem really interesting too.

Hate that some of the ghostbusters have a messed up torso. Lame. Very lame. Especially on those BEAUTIFUL brown uniforms!

Offline Tacbe

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 08:07:18 »
Those look like a lot of fun, I am looking forward to getting them when they come out here.

Do the terror dogs have horns that come out? Separate pieces? There is a part number for them but it seems odd they would be inserted instead of molded on.

Yes they do come out. But if not placed exactly the same (after taking them out) each time there is a small grove made in the softer horn (not seen in the picture below)

Offline Tacbe

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 08:24:53 »
Hate that some of the ghostbusters have a messed up torso. Lame. Very lame. Especially on those BEAUTIFUL brown uniforms!

Do you mean like the green slime on Venkman? . . . .  Have to admit I didn't noticed till now  :eh?: How could I've missed that one .
mmmhhhh yep that I don't like it either . . . .

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 17:05:25 »
Thanks for that information!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 17:59:05 »
Yes they do come out. But if not placed exactly the same (after taking them out) each time there is a small grove made in the softer horn (not seen in the picture below)

Interesting.. I wonder what else fits there...  They are sooooooo pretty...

Do you mean like the green slime on Venkman? . . . .  Have to admit I didn't noticed till now  :eh?: How could I've missed that one .
mmmhhhh yep that I don't like it either . . . .

Yeah.. and there is another one too, with whiteish goo, I think...

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 17:35:46 »
Meh, Im all for licensing, but they really must do better than this going forward. Firstly they should try to make the klickies look a bit more like the source material, like Lego does. This one looks nothing like Bill Murray, for example! Also, the legs they used on him are wrong, because in the movie he was the one with the untucked trouser legs. Don't care much for the 'dirty' overalls, either.

Appreciate the effort and all that, but they look a bit phoned in, to be honest.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 17:15:13 »
I'll add my voice with the others as not being a fan of the various slime or goo stains on the uniforms.
Will it stop me from getting these sets, no, but I wish they would have been optional stickers instead of being printed on.

Offline Tacbe

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 04:57:36 »
I'll add my voice with the others as not being a fan of the various slime or goo stains on the uniforms.
Will it stop me from getting these sets, no, but I wish they would have been optional stickers instead of being printed on.

I agree stickers instead of printed would be a great solution in this case. This can be applied on other sets too. Like mud.