Author Topic: Special plus Archer 4762 and knight 4763  (Read 8813 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Special plus Archer 4762 and knight 4763
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 22:02:14 »
WOW!! These are both really great!! The archer has a medieval look, I don't mind the cloths, they offer great customising possibilities! The hair were first appeared in roman officers. The target looks interesting, i thought it would be made out of plasteline, or something, it loos weird, but I guess it works... maybe it needed more holes... I agree on the armguard.

The knight! WOW! I expected a worse helmet, but it looks far better than I thought. and his armour combination is quite intimidating... a good solution for a ... crimson guard  ;D Weapons are all old, but the broomholder is weird...

Thank you for these pics and revies,Jan! Something to look forward for next year  ;D

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 22:13:39 »
The archer looks great, I dont like that "knight" at all though, he might be more at home in science fiction than in medieval.. that helmet just as a very odd shape to it, then again some other newer knight helmets have as well, they are too wide and make the heads look rediculously big compared to their body.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 22:28:50 »
Thanks again for the pics and reviews ;)
Thank you for these pics and revies,Jan! Something to look forward for next year  ;D

Ýou're welcome.

they are too wide and make the heads look rediculously big compared to their body.
It's true. Might be their doom as i said, on the battlefield they will always land on their heads. ;)

:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 22:47:10 »
Also it may be difficult for them to get through doors and narrow passageways. Does the helmet let them fit through a regular steck type door?

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 22:51:17 »
Also it may be difficult for them to get through doors and narrow passageways. Does the helmet let them fit through a regular steck type door?

:-[ :-[ :-[ I don't have any steck....

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 23:00:03 »
Oh dear, what's that thumping sound? Did George just faint?  ;D

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 23:07:47 »
Oh dear, what's that thumping sound? Did George just faint?  ;D

:) :) :)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 23:18:22 »
regarding the helmet, it can be seen only as ceremonial, even in a fantasy setting, or for a warrior in a position of power! However, if this is standard equipment for a faction, it would still look awesome in big numbers  ;D again, so many posibilites on story and customisation!!!

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 23:23:40 »
regarding the helmet, it can be seen only as ceremonial, even in a fantasy setting, or for a warrior in a position of power! However, if this is standard equipment for a faction, it would still look awesome in big numbers  ;D again, so many posibilites on story and customisation!!!

Indeed, I've been wondering how to make a great looking minotaur using the helmet.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 03:55:35 »
LOVE the archer, must have it! The knight is awesome too, really like the helmet. But I've never understood the point of a single knight coming with more weapons than he can possibly carry or use? Seems he could have been a regular special, with just one or two weapons and no stand to hold the spares.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.