Author Topic: Price estimates for US DS order?  (Read 2164 times)

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
Price estimates for US DS order?
« on: November 23, 2011, 03:59:40 »
Hi
I am new to the direct service concept and find it very interesting except I have no idea what the cost would be.
Can anyone provide an estimate for various items?
Cost of a bare figure?
Cost of small figure items like hats, cross belts, swords, scarves, collars, hand held weapons...
Are you able to order klicky figure parts like an arm or would I have to order a complete replacement figure?
My initial project, I think we be a few British red coats from the American Revolution era and some American Minutemen.  Then maybe a ship's cannon crew with a few Marines (nationality to be determined)  Finally, I want to do a few custom pirates but am unhappy with peg legs, hooks...

Finally, does a color chart exist?  Example, I want to replace a certain shade of red's broken arm on an older figure.  Is there a method to match that shade to a newer figure without relying on pictures alone?
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Online Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
Re: Price estimates for US DS order?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 13:46:17 »
Though they are all bare, with no accessory, they are not so bare technically with all the printing. The more printing, the more expensive a klicky could be, in general. I dont know the price in US, but the highest I have paid for a single klicky is more than GBP 3, which could be translated to USD 4.5.
You can go to playmodb.org, and get a better sense how they call it a part. For example, for the figure, you get the arms legs torso head and the hair. They are all included in one part number. So you cannot get just the arm from DS. I guess many collectors from the states would know a lot more than me. Let's wait :-[ :love: :love:
Hi
I am new to the direct service concept and find it very interesting except I have no idea what the cost would be.
Can anyone provide an estimate for various items?
Cost of a bare figure?
Cost of small figure items like hats, cross belts, swords, scarves, collars, hand held weapons...
Are you able to order klicky figure parts like an arm or would I have to order a complete replacement figure?
My initial project, I think we be a few British red coats from the American Revolution era and some American Minutemen.  Then maybe a ship's cannon crew with a few Marines (nationality to be determined)  Finally, I want to do a few custom pirates but am unhappy with peg legs, hooks...

Finally, does a color chart exist?  Example, I want to replace a certain shade of red's broken arm on an older figure.  Is there a method to match that shade to a newer figure without relying on pictures alone?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 19:36:55 »
Single figure prices vary from about $2.75 to $3.85 or so. As said, the more printing and parts on the figure the more it costs. The Egyptian Pharaoh for example is in the $3.85 range. Parts vary from $.20 on up with the size being the most important factor. A feather may cost $.20 and a house gable end more like $5.00. Electronic parts are the most - light up Christmas Tree $25. Animals can be quite expensive too - the large dinosaurs are in the $25 to $35 range. Horses around $2.50
Prices can change and may be up from the last time. When you place the order they will give you the price total and shipping but your actual order charged will probably be a little less. Usually there are parts they think they have that are actually out of stock so they reduce your total by those amounts before running the final charge.
If you are ordering a bunch of parts an Excel spreadsheet sent by email is the best way to go in the US. You can follow up with a phone call to be sure they received your email after a few days.

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 22:28:51 »
Thanks!  I wrote the DS service an email a few weeks ago and they only replied with a phone number to call.  I love the idea of sending them a spreadsheet and telling me in stock or not and a cost.  Then I phone in a credit card (maybe they will get paypal)
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 04:23:25 »
How long does it normally take for DS USA to respond to a spreadsheet being sent?  I sent one last week and have not gotten anything yet.
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 04:27:14 »
I have had responses the next day. But I do hear they're really busy this time if year, and a lot slower.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 08:52:44 »
Mine was sent in september... to the Iberia Playmobil :(

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 15:59:23 »
I would give them a call next Tuesday if you haven't heard anything and ask them if they received it.

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 03:02:31 »
Well, I finally got a response from them saying they would be sending my request to the service department and they would contact me.  I wonder how long that will take.
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 16:24:13 »
This is the busiest time of year for them. Response times in early summer are usually the best it seems.