Author Topic: plans and part numbers downloads  (Read 3486 times)

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
plans and part numbers downloads
« on: August 06, 2007, 13:00:42 »
Here's a site someone sent me.
Check it out for yourself and let others know what you think of it.
www.playmofan.come2me.nl

Rob

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: plans and part numbers downloads
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 15:08:49 »
Well, he's almost certainly violating Playmobil's copyright so I shouldn't think he'll be there for long!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline deadeye dick

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Capt'n of the Punisher
    • Deadeye Dick's
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 17:42:09 »
I think your friend's web site is a succes: it already reached it's upload limit.
It's not only PM that will be happy with this initiative, but also his provider  :P
Check out Deadeye Dick's hideout @ www.deadeye.be

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 19:41:24 »
Hmm.
I only glanced at this briefly earlier but saw a long list of sets which were linked to zip files.
I assume these contained scans of instruction sheets? Very naughty, if that is the case. :whip:

Aside from that major infringement of Playmobil's guidelines for fan sites, the owner has also copied some artwork to create the site's logo. (Probably seems unimportant by comparison, but I still find it a tad annoying. :P)

The shield and weapons come from the menu on David Donachie's site, and the trading klickies are taken from playkingdoms

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 01:37:40 »
all i got was  "This user has exceeded their bandwidth quota" i would have liked to see it before the speculations of a shut down are executed.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 13:34:57 »
Ah well, it was good while it lasted......... ???

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 22:37:05 »
It's working again... for the moment. ;)

Such a website would be very useful for collectors, but I also have my doubts that it will be allowed to stay online for very long.

It would be great if Playmobil themselves put up the instructions for all of their sets on their own site, but I suppose that is unlikely to happen.

I'm a bit disappointed that they haven't continued their product archive past 2001, as I use it quite often for reference. :(

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 08:04:58 »
That's a good site, I'm sure lots of people have had similar ideas for a site like that but have been put of by Geobra's guidelines.

However I'm not entirely sure that they are breaking the rules, here's the paragraph about copyright rules from Playmobil.

Copyrighted Materials
A copyright is the right to control the copying of a creative original work, including the creation of derivative works, or works which are based on an original work. All of our products, packaging, instruction sheets and promotional materials are protected by copyright laws around the world. Copying, scanning, distributing and displaying these materials in print or on a web site would infringe our rights. However, for non-commercial purposes and in a limited manner, we will grant permission, upon request, for scanning and copying our copyrighted materials for display on a web site. To request such permission, please complete the form available at www.playmobil.com/copyright_approval, and send it to us by fax to +49-911-9666-120.

So maybe permission was granted?
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.