Author Topic: New Products Catalog at Klickywelt  (Read 4188 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: New Products Catalog at Klickywelt
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2024, 14:18:22 »

“We should be grateful”
“Having been slapped”
“Don’t want pictures released”
“They hold title”

:P

Damn it , I should be grateful that Geobra allows little ol me to buy playmobil in the first place

I wouldn’t want to get slapped…..again

It’s downright amazing ol master Geobra even lets me take photographs of “their” toy.

If only I gave Geobra more money, perhaps I’d get the chance to see a bit more. Pay to play/see

:lol:

Please master, don’t slap little ol me again , I’ll behave , please let me have a crumb , I’ll pick the cotton faster for your factory  O0

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2024, 14:19:34 »
What is interesting is there is no US Toy Fair this year due to it being relocated from NY to New Orleans in 2025... meaning PM will not be exhibiting in front of US retailers at all this year... which won't help with the visibility or market penetration issue. You would think Lego would have the same issue except they market like pros here, constantly update their US web site with new products and support their customer base via an extremely active collectors club.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2024, 15:02:47 »
The reason why Klickywelt members can see the catalogue of new releases early is because they are a sizeable numbe of collectors each of whom has a sizeable collection, i.e. they are a major market element, even within the context of the German market.

The reason why Playmobil don't want the pictures of the 2024 releases shared is because the annual German toy fair at Nurmeberg occurs round about this time of the year (30th Jan to 3rd Feb) and they don't want pictures released before the wholesalers and retailers have seen what's coming out.

So not "entitlement" on Playmobil's part (and in fact they hold the title to the pictures), but keeping your customers of all sorts on your side.

I mean, to be honest it strikes as completely bizarre that you would pre-release the catalogue to collectors (however much they might spend) in advance of your major marketing event to retailers, especially when you're giving it to them a week before said event. I'm obviously happy to see them, but equally I could wait until the launch to retailers. It's just a courtesy thing really, I imagine it would seem weird as a retailer going to see a product 'launch' and it was plastered all over Facebook the week before.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2024, 04:11:45 »
Wasn’t there internal Geobra leaks happening years ago. The staff has to put all the graphics together, then catalogs do have to go to print shops, the design department had been working on the sets for some time.

You’d think there must be a collector or two working there who would be willing to sneak a few pictures.

Governments have a hard enough time keeping top-secrets secret for long , how would a simple toy company pull that off

There possible could be LEGO spies working at Geobra
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2024, 11:32:49 »
I mean, to be honest it strikes as completely bizarre that you would pre-release the catalogue to collectors (however much they might spend) in advance of your major marketing event to retailers, especially when you're giving it to them a week before said event. I'm obviously happy to see them, but equally I could wait until the launch to retailers. It's just a courtesy thing really, I imagine it would seem weird as a retailer going to see a product 'launch' and it was plastered all over Facebook the week before.

Except that if KW members keep the rules, then it isn't plastered all over Facebook.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2024, 13:27:54 »
I finally got a look at the super top secret PM images and all I can say is what a number of KW members are saying, Ich bin enttäuscht. The Halloween ruin looks OK until you realize it is a poor man's version of 3839, the Wizard's Workshop... the trend for "appearing green" continues with the addition of solar panels to a new see-through boat, although in real life no boat could be powered by them... there are some fun new elements here and there, but honestly most seems recycled from prior years. The overall effect is confusion... if you were a retailer, what would you order? It all seems to be too much and unfocused.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2024, 14:18:11 »
I do like the realistic color coordinated staff member Geobra decided to listen to. Lots of normal browns, tans, etc…..

71638 horse stall
71607 recent architect college graduate  shipping container house
71507 not so tiny house , just change the random daiquiri ice garden window

71651 Dracula’s corner, I like the parts assortment

Hey Geobra, all my ideas, comments and opinions are the explicit property of my corporation . Cease and desist their use immediately!

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2024, 15:38:20 »
Lol 71607 is basically the hospital build but recolored. I'd actually love to see an Amsterdam-style house, that would be something fun... or a Moroccan-style house with an open atrium... or a Japanese house with shoji doors... the whole world is at PM's fingertips yet they chose to recycle their own ideas
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 19:39:31 by Alex4420 »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2024, 15:38:52 »
71580 is released just in time for the release, he’s only missing his gun ? Come on Geobra

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2024, 15:49:21 »
Another of my brilliant ideas  (that I own explicitly and Geobra has no rights to use)  seeing that Geobra is a large plastic manufacturer and is on the Olestra oil fad….where is the set of

1-multiple klickies in orange, with orange paint buckets, Mona Lisa with orange paint all over it, just stop oil set.

2-Then a purple/blue haired woke social justice warrior cult set ?