Author Topic: 4489 Research Boat with Sperm Whale  (Read 9266 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: 4489 Research Boat with Sperm Whale
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 03:51:26 »
and..............

YES HES HUNGRY AND HE CAN EAT 7 PIRATES !!

ENJOY !!!   :lol:

It looks like great fun, Andi!!! :lol:
Thanks for the review!

Gus
 :wave:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:09:57 by Gustavo »
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 03:57:23 »

Hello, Cachalote ...

...i tend to be a little unforgiving about zoological mistakes.  >:(

I know exactly what you mean. Playmobil made another huge mistake with their "banana tree" that was included with the Gorilla (3029).

Every time I see that darn "banana tree," it makes me wonder if anyone did any research at all or if they just made a wild guess.

I just hope that the Playmobil sperm whale's lower jaw won't bother you as much as the banana tree has bothered me ...  ;D

I have to keep telling myself that they do make a lot of other things properly ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

see attachments

Offline Pyrrhus

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Che Clickara
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 04:10:58 »
You are right, Gus, surely it is not a mistake on Playmobil's part, but just the habitual procedure of Playmobil when there are things so enormous in relation to the clicky size to be impractical as a toy, such as castles, ships, pyramids, etc.

Indeed, to forgive the low possibility I have of raising large armies (because of the costs), this makes sense when I play battles with armies of 20 clickies each band (all things big are relatively small with Playmobil, so also are the armies) 8}

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 04:40:51 »
I know exactly what you mean. Playmobil made another huge mistake with their "banana tree" that was included with the Gorilla (3029).

Every time I see that darn "banana tree," it makes me wonder if anyone did any research at all or if they just made a wild guess.

Isn't the banana tree only the little one in the front part, while the one that is in the back would be ... whatsoever else?? ???

(Cloudy-heaven!, that tree in the back cannot be a banana tree!!! :no:

Indeed, to forgive the low possibility I have of raising large armies (because of the costs), this makes sense when I play battles with armies of 20 clickies each band (all things big are relatively small with Playmobil, so also are the armies) 8}

You tell me! ... I'm still waiting the first after-ten-years klicky that are arriving, that were unexpectedly caught in the Brasilian Federal Bureau strike that reduced the works to 30% of its eficiency ... :-\ So, maybe I'll still wait a little bit to put hand on a klicky :'( but I WILL SURVIVE!!!!!!! ... (If you believe in a god, do pray to him, ask in my favour! ...) Well ... I will survive. I'm trying to write out about it ... It usually helps me to deal with stuff the most different and diverse, and adverse. 8}

I wrote that the character "had a delay, due to have been caught in ambush, in his way back" ... ;)

Play begins even before Playmo arrives.

G.--
 :)
Gus

Offline Pyrrhus

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Che Clickara
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 04:55:46 »
Perhaps you can do what I use to do when prived from buying playmos, Gus: getting dedicated to download Playmobil images from the internet!!" ;D ;D
If you cannot collect playmos, you can collect playmo pictures by now... ;D ;D

Indeed, as a child I was always worried by the amount of clickies I needed to make an army, and, when getting a set, I wished to have their enemies. Never felt me complete as a boy, even when my parents just bought me a new set.

Now, I think perhaps you may first look in eBay from your own country. I bought clicks from other countries different from mine and the aduana taxes were quite prohibitive. Once you have contact with some collectors from your country, you can even buy them by e-mail, avoiding to pay the comissions to eBay. There are collectors that buy at low prices for quantity and then sell their excedent, thus buying each set by a cheaper price than if they paided it for a single set, and recovering what they paided for the redundant sets. Once you know them (use to offer many sets on eBay) you can get many clicks most easily.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 16:41:40 »
Hi Playmofriends,

here comes the review from the Sperm Whale !!

A great Whale !!

The Length are 34 cm !!

Enjoy the pics.

world greets

Andi

:hmm:
(Isn't it, in a way, funny that noone paid ANY attention AT ALL to the research boat? :lol: 8} :lol: ::)

Gus
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 17:18:33 »
Thinking again, it'd be nice (maybe perfect (...)) if the whale was accompanied by a pirate in a fishing boat ... But Geobra wouldn't do it :P

You all probably realized that I like to make associations ... Well, I've been thinking about animals that go well with certain collections: there's two  (NEW!) combinations that fit perfecty ... (That I can remember now):

1. crocodiles + Egyptians (NEW!)
& 2. whale (NEW!) + pirates

:yup:
Gus
Gus

Offline Pyrrhus

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Che Clickara
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 18:05:36 »
You are right, Gus, no much attention was paid into the boat. Well, for my part, it is that I only like the non-contemporary sets, except for the animals and details that can fit well with my loved epic series.

Only animal I would rather like Playmobil to make is the giant squid (Architeuthis) to fight not the sperm whale, but the vikings!! More of Jules Verne than recreating a real fight, but nice stereotype of the viking times...

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 18:31:53 »
Thinking again, it'd be nice (maybe perfect (...)) if the whale was accompanied by a pirate in a fishing boat ... But Geobra wouldn't do it :P

You all probably realized that I like to make associations ... Well, I've been thinking about animals that go well with certain collections: there's two  (NEW!) combinations that fit perfecty ... (That I can remember now):

1. crocodiles + Egyptians (NEW!)
& 2. whale (NEW!) + pirates

:yup:
Gus

I think Egyptians and Hippos would be a closer association.

Gepetto

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 18:40:58 »

I think Egyptians and Hippos would be a closer association.

Gepetto

No way!: the wort condemnation to an Egyptian would be have his body thrown into a pit of chrocodiles: they believed that, so as to have a happy after life, they had to preserve their bodies, otherwise they'd have no bodies to dwell, when they were dead. / (This was also why their nobles had such great funerary monuments: not only the bodies, but the riches as well ... 8} ) (& pets ... :'( ) (If there were modern day pharaos, they'd be buried with their Playmobil! ::) ...)

However, the hyppo is a great beast to mix with Egyptians too! :yup:

G.--
Gus