Author Topic: Local Fair gets some playmobil  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Local Fair gets some playmobil
« on: August 13, 2012, 16:30:49 »
Well my wife volunteered to sit at a booth for our school. The booth was to spread the word about an upcoming event called "Much Ado About Sebastopol" It is one of our districts biggest cash cows for raising money for the school district. She took the only needed spot which was the tail end of the event. She asked if I wanted to join her as she is a bit shy and I am not. We arrived at the booth and took our places. I had no idea that a volunteer many years ago had built a small display for kids to play with at the booth. It was a clever device that launched a beanbag rat at a castle. The kids were OK with it and it drew a few kids at a time, I on the other hand was very bored. As I sat I looked at the castle and realized that this could be better. I took my bike and headed for home. When I got home guess what I grabbed, the only thing we have thousands of...playmobil. I got knights, princes, eunuchs, a priest, loads of dragons and a king and queen. I stood all the klickies on the castle, set the dragons on put the king and queen on the top and set out to entertain the tots. I let the kiddos send the rats flying at now a well armed castle. The crowd went wild, kids were now yelling to "take down the castle!" "I killed the queen!" "I want to take down that dragon!"  :lol: I would let each kid have six shots and I would announce each hit. "Oh you killed 2 foot soldiers", "You knocked down and killed the dragon", "Looks like you want to kill the royal family"  ;D. As more and more people joined in the yelling grew. The yelling attracted more people. Soon there were 30 people watching and 15 kids in line. The parents were smiling from ear to ear. Even adults with out kids could not resist watching. The cameras started flashing, the Iphone videos were rolling. I could not believe the responce. There were people all over in aw of the spectacle. Other booths started getting jealous. We from now on had a yelling crowd in front of us as other booths could barely keep peoples attention for seconds. The kids were chanting at each other to "take the castle". I loved the reaction when a 4 year old would hit the priest and I would yell out "yay you killed the priest" The parent would have this look on their face that is impossible to describe. We live in a very white, successful hippy, yuppie, small town. Killing priest is not what you do  :lol: but those kids loved it  :lol: and I loved hosting it. Many kids walking by wanted to know how much it cost to try and what you win. I would respond, "It will cost you patience, for the line. You will win joy, for your soul"

My kids were with their Grandfather for the day so at the end I took them to see. We reset it all up so they could try and I snapped a few shots when the fair was over.

There were knights on horses and soldiers carring a keg at the bottom. Archers to the sides. Soldier's on the mid wall. On the right were the royal prince and his family. On the left were the priest and eunuch. Then the dragons and at the very top, king and queen.

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Local Fair gets some playmobil
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 16:56:36 »
What a wonderful idea, Ras!  You and your Playmobil will be in line now for every school and charity fair!

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 22:20:10 »
This is a great way to make a boring game much more interesting! Well done, sounds like you kept everyone entertained. :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 23:37:28 »
That looks great fun Ras, and just shows how child friendly Playmobil really is.
Glad your boys got to have a go too :)

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 23:49:41 »
That looks awesome, Rasputin; well done! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 00:01:12 »
Much more interesting than an uninhabited castle!

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 00:15:24 »
Excellent idea, well done Ras.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 20:43:03 »
That's great! Every fair could be made better with the addition of a little (or a lot of) Playmobil

Offline Jrodmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 01:03:37 »
 That looks like fun, always nice to get the kids involved. The little things seem to stick with them. Well done Rasp.

Jarred
To err is human; to klick, divine.