Author Topic: Heavy Goods Vehicle Accident  (Read 7917 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Heavy Goods Vehicle Accident
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 20:35:41 »
Great set up and photography, Tim! :wow:

I found the story and pics fascinatingly realistic and was very relieved to hear that no klicky lives were lost... quite miraculous considering the seriousness of the accident.

It's clear that you've done extensive research in order to show the rescue procedures in such detail. 8-)

Thank you for posting this entertaining and informative photo-story. :)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 21:03:34 »
Hello Sylvia  :wave:

Thank you very much indeed for the kind feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the pictures. I had underestimated the work involved in creating my new story but by the time the vehicles where in place i had to finish.
Most of the research i do involves looking through lots of pictures on on fire service related websites or from browsing through news papers. I also look at equipment lists and try to work out what the vehicles are carrying. Once i have found out as much as i can i try to put it together in klickie form  :)
You will be pleased to know that all the people involved are recovering well in hospital. Infact the driver of the red car was released and sent home after being treated for cuts and bruises.

Kindest Regards  Tim

Hello  Gordon  :)

Thank you for the kind reply. I can't wait to see the pictures of your project, i was really impressed with the LF8.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)9

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 23:54:14 »
Tim,
You did a great job

I am glad that no lives were lost.

Thanks for sharing
Meg

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 06:23:15 »
Oh very cool ... aehm, although I shouldn't say, that an accident is cool, but your setup is really well done. I like the skid marks, although I first was a little bit confused how the accident happend, when realizing that must change my mind with driving directions.
Nice to see that you already have some items from the new rescue set in use (or not? is it stuff from the old ambulance set?). And also good to see that you now have found a really good solution for the air-pressure tools (the transparent tube); if I remember right in the past there was a different solution (or not? -- have been off for a while so can't remember completely).

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 17:12:40 »
I like the skid marks, although I first was a little bit confused how the accident happend, when realizing that must change my mind with driving directions.

Hello  Little Jo

Thank you for the kind feedback and for taking the time to reply. What you said above has made me smile :lol: because i have confused people in the same way before. I tend to forget that there are others out there that drive on the other side of the road  ;D.
The tools that are being used have been taken from lots of different sets and some of them are custom's. There are a few pieces from the current rescue sets and from the old ambulance as one was actually attending the incident. The air hoses that are being used are a new design and i would have preferred to use black but i only had clear ones left.

Kindest Regards  Tim

Hello  Meg

Thank you very much indeed for the kind reply. I am glad that you enjoyed the story. You will be pleased to know that everyone who was involved are recovering well.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 18:04:16 »
Very nicely done Tim, I could tell that the blue car had rolled by the skid mark ending with what looks like a large dent in the embankment and the flattened barrier. You have put some really neat little touches to the scenes that make them look realistic.  :)
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 20:04:41 »
Hello Garry

Thank you very much for the kind feedback and for taking the time to reply. I set the scene out starting with the HGV and pushed it down the path a short distance and tried to work out what would happen if it suddenly swerved across the road. The red car was more easy to do but i had the most fun with the blue car. I went through the sequence of events slowly several times guiding the car by hand until i worked out the angle and how it could possibly roll and land on its wheels after hitting the bank. I wanted it to land on its roof but it would have been a nightmare to show the fire crews getting the driver out :lol: 

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 21:17:10 »
Hello, Tim ...

Looking at your very realistic accident, from here in the US Virgin Islands (where we all drive on the same side of the road as you crazy Brits), it didn't even occur to me that it was the "other side" of the road ... ;)

As a former police officer, I couldn't help but assess the results of the accident caused by the driver (suffering from cardiac arrest) of your wayward truck (goods lorry).

The driver of the red car obviously couldn't avoid the accident and reacted in probably the only way that he could. (He may have even seen the blue car in his rear view mirror, approaching at a high rate of speed, which would have prevented him from avoiding the collision by driving his vehicle to the right.)

The driver of the blue car will be arrested for failing to have her vehicle under control and possibly contributing to the red car colliding with the HGV by blocking his only path of escape. She should have her driver's license/licence suspended pending a review of her record. She should also be tested for alcohol and drugs. (Of course, the temptation to just dismiss her contribution by saying, "woman driver," is unacceptable! Especially since she's not blonde!) ... ;)

Thank you for creating a splendid reenactment, Tim !!! I wish that I had been able to have you recreate some traffic accidents (in Playmobil miniature) when I was a police officer. It would have made it so much easier to explain to the judge and jury.

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 23:46:34 »
Well no wonder there was an accident, they are all driving on the wrong side of the road! ;)

Fantastic photo story Tim, I especially like the first photo, showing the skid marks so you can instantly make out what happened in the accident. Very cool. And your equipment gets better and better every time - wonderful realism. Thanks for sharing them with us!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 03:26:38 »
Hey Tim,

That's some really good detail. I really like the entrapment scene with the blue car. May I ask, do your firefighters provide The medical service or is it a separate function? It is all very accurate, especially the stabilization of the trailer  :yup:. I'm glad your fire department has all the right tools too. Maybe I could send some guys over for training on them?? Thanks for the pictures, Tim.

Ben