Author Topic: Chateau de Loire en Miniature  (Read 14069 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Chateau de Loire en Miniature
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 02:36:39 »
As Gordon said, very impressive indeed, Michael !!!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 10:25:18 »
From what you've shown of the interior, it is just as beautiful as I had imagined it would be. :love:

Everything is nicely symmetrical in the bedroom, right down to matching busts on the tables beside the bed! Is that one of those rare, white Playmobil "Color" hats on the male bust or did you paint a black one? :o

I've had difficulty too when taking photos of pale-coloured or shiny things with a flash. The light tends to bounce off all the surfaces. :( I know you haven't got much room at the back of your chateau, but if you can get some free standing lamps with high wattage bulbs and direct them into the rooms you're trying to photograph, you may be able to take pics without a flash. Other than that, just keep doing what you are doing because I am really keen to see some more of the rooms you mentioned in your "teaser"! ;)

Thanks for giving us a glimpse of the inside, Michael, and please don't worry about picture quality. These ones look just fine! :)

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 10:04:34 »
Is that one of those rare, white Playmobil "Color" hats on the male bust or did you paint a black one? :o
It's not painted - it was part of the colour merchant's train - a set from the early 80's.

Here are some impressions of the back side.
Cheers
Michael

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 10:07:03 »
And some more pics.
Cheers
Michael

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 10:14:40 »
Erm - I hope you are not getting tired.
Cheers
Michael

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 10:17:46 »
Things are getting a bit repetitive so here is the last one.
Cheers
Michael

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2006, 11:45:10 »
 :wow: :omg::wow: :omg: :wow: :omg:

Certainly not getting bored!

Fantastic, amazing, incredible!

The layout and detail (I especially like the suit of armour in the alcoive and the pic of the king dressing with his pages holding the mirrors up) are quite out of this world.

Speechless, sums it up!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2006, 02:34:30 »
All I can say is WOW! That is a magnificent castle. I am in awe.  :wow: :wow: :wow:
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2006, 10:10:23 »
People - I am really flattered now. Currently I am playing around with the shape of a garden. It surely needs some improvement but I prefer the general idea of version 1. Maybe I combine both versions and extend version 1 by adding version 2 at both ends
Cheers
Michael

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2006, 11:14:20 »
Why not version 2 leading into version 1?  The arcade of roses would then lead onto an open area with the balustrade where the lords and ladies could promenade and flirt or conspirators conspire.  It was quite common to have something like this in palaces and great houses.  Often it was used to give the impression that the owner owned more land than they did with a balustrade or hedge having a drop beyond it where another person's land started but giving the impression that everything beyond the balustrade or hedge actually belonged to the owner of the house.  In England it actually had a name, a ha-ha, meaning  a sunken fence bounding a garden.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 20:14:13 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”